Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone with this...HELP

ok i was wondering about a throttle body spacer if anybody has one have you been able to notice a difference with it if not then its not worth the money also more performance upgrade ideas would be appreciated for an 03 TJ i cant find much but what i have found is expensive and im saving for a twin screw supercharger (any input on that is appreciated as well) Thanks...

you might get a better response if your title is a little bit descriptive. let me know what you'd like it to say and i can change it for you.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

TB spacers are a waste of time and money unless your are TB injected. I havnt heard any noticable differences with them except thenoise they make.

Comment

I have one and all I notice is that they whine and whistle. I wouldnt waste my money on it.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

wow havent been here in awhile...

if you have a 2.5L you can put a 4.0L throttle body

what does it get you?
          it gives you the self satisfaction of knowing that you installed it yourself, its a waste of money that and the spacers
          Carlos

92 YJ
          GO VEGAN!
          volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

Adding pressure to a stock engine (supercharger/turbo) places alot of strain on the head and the bottom end of the engine. Longevity becomes an issue, as well as more complexity to deal with on the trail. Air/Fuel ratio is critical for the engine to last.

I think a better long term solution would be to swap in a performance built 4.0 or 4.6 from www.golensengineservice.com or to step-up and swap in a V-8. Remember though....you'll need to upgrade the rear axle to at least an 8.8, the 35C is a POS even for a stock Jeep.

Comment

Working...
            X