Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Times!!!!

haha thought id throw this out there as a funny lil thing. today i went to a Speedy Auto place to get my brakes checked out and when they took em off, they literally crumbled to pieces in the rear. all the springs, and metal pieces were mangled. They wernt sure how exactly i was braking for so long. haha i have no cash and wasnt expectly what was coming next. they told me it couldnt be driven at all and then passed over a 600 dollar bill...hahah good stuff. i love my xj

Christ!!!! Thats why I do all my own work.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

haha. yeah i would have done my own brake work but 1.) i dont have the time right now and 2.) i would have messed it up rather bad. The guys at Speedy said it was majorly !!!!ed up. The money factor of it all was heavly the labor but its all good

Comment

Seesh I would have had it towed home and done it myself, brakes arent that hard (drums are just a pia) plus would have been a good reason to put discs on the rear
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Unless you signed a work order, in most states they can't hold your vehicle like that, they were mostly just strongarming you, and I'd be willing to bet the price was double what they would usually charge for a brake job.

Never trust a place that offers "free" inspectiopns, they almost always find a way to make it not free.

Comment

Originally posted by AFI4203
            they told me it couldnt be driven at all and then passed over a 600 dollar bill...hahah good stuff.
            I would be very careful accepting those $600 bills. I think I saw a post on the Internet that said the Federal Reserve Bank wasn't issuing them anymore.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
            2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
              I would be very careful accepting those $600 bills. I think I saw a post on the Internet that said the Federal Reserve Bank wasn't issuing them anymore.

i read that same article and i coulda sworn they FRB was issuing the 634 dollar bill anymore....although i might be mistaken

on the other hand, 600 seems like a whole lot for a brake job.
              B R E T T
              87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Working...
              X