Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodyear Tires Where to get them

Well its time for new tires, Its seems every one is running the Goodyear MTR's pretty religiously as far as the jeeping community in general, I like them because of the beefed up sidewall, since my Pro Comp mud terrains seemed to be very weak in that area, (Watched a little Root tear a 4 inch gash in one) And also they seem to have a good tire wear rating. However everywhere I look the price range is crazy from 155 to almost 230 a tire. Wheres the best place to get these, I was thinking a goodyear shop, I know alot of you run them... Where did you get them how much??? And where would you recommend in San diego, unless I get a good deal on shipping, Do you like them?? Why. Tires are a pretty big investment, that in my case I would have to live with till they needed to be changed. Would be getting 33x12.50x15
    Let me know your opinions
    Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Definitely try to get it from Discount Tire (aka America's Tire) if you can and GET the road hazard warranty if you're going to wheel it. If you get the hazard on 4 tires, even if you use it ONCE, it'll pay for itself with the cost of the MTRs. They should have plenty of locations in the San Diego area.

This is just from this past Sat
    Last edited by seapahn; 05-02-05, 02:13 PM.
    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

I just bought 35 s from Summit racing for $196 each delivered no tax.
      Discount tire could not get them they were on national back order then. I tried several other tire stores all could not get them. Summit had them on my door the next day.
      456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

I got mine from Dependable Offroad in Fullerton. 35's were $197 plus $10 for mount and lifetime balance. Plus tax of course. Dang!!

Comment

Note - America's Tire will sell you the full replacement warranty regardless of where you got the tires. Around ~$30 a tire, best deal out there. I have gotten at least 4 new tires this way. Some needed to be replaced anyway, and all you pay is the warranty cost for the new tire.
          1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
          My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

I second Amercias Tire.

I just got all my tires siped for 40 bucks.
            Supe
            97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
            Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Third!
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Working...
              X