Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats wrong....

My jeep was sittin for about 3mo. I had to put a new tranny in. When I got it back out it seems to run funny every now-and-then. Sometimes the idle will drop to almost nothing at stop signs and such, but not all the time. And it also sometimes acts like its detonating at takeoff from stops, like it bogs down at the intial start off and sometimes it does it for a split sec then runs fine, and sometimes it jkeeps doing it for a few secs then is fine. My first guess was timing, but according to my haynes book you arent supposed to be able to adjust the 2.5 fuel injected models.... is that right? I have never heard of a motor you cant adjust the timing on.... And it also says I cant adjust my idle..... thats sounds strange too.... Does anyone have any ideas?
    Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Originally posted by crawlin92
    My jeep was sittin for about 3mo. I had to put a new tranny in. When I got it back out it seems to run funny every now-and-then. Sometimes the idle will drop to almost nothing at stop signs and such, but not all the time. And it also sometimes acts like its detonating at takeoff from stops, like it bogs down at the intial start off and sometimes it does it for a split sec then runs fine, and sometimes it jkeeps doing it for a few secs then is fine. My first guess was timing, but according to my haynes book you arent supposed to be able to adjust the 2.5 fuel injected models.... is that right? I have never heard of a motor you cant adjust the timing on.... And it also says I cant adjust my idle..... thats sounds strange too.... Does anyone have any ideas?
    Maybe a fuel delivery problem, like a clogged line or filter?

Jeri Lyn
    Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

DRI-GAS. Buy at Walmart, dump in tank. If it sat in the Minnesoter winter for 3 months, it is very possible you have water in your tank from condensation. I would start there and see what happens.
      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
      My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

My wifes old blazer did the same thing after being sat for a while during a unseasonably wet winter, stalling at lights, rough idle, etc. and it turned out to be a small amount of water in the tank, I'd try the dry-gas as Rick suggested
        Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Even better, drain the tank and start over. Gas has a short life, running that old stuff will clog injectors, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by oldhokie
            Even better, drain the tank and start over. Gas has a short life, running that old stuff will clog injectors, etc.
            Does'nt it turn into turpintine after a while?
            “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
            -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Yeah I think it was bad gas. Its a lot better now that it has been running for a few days and I have had to fill up. I'm still gonna run some injector cleaner and the dry-gas just to be sure. Thanx guys.
              Yellow 01 Sport

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin92
                Shhhh...... cant talk now.... the squirrels are watching....
                Tweaker
                “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                  Tweaker
                  Hey those little shits are spys I know it!!! Watching with there beatty little black eyes... so sneaky.... you never know there are there tilll BAM!!!!!! Acorn to the top of the head....
                  Yellow 01 Sport

Comment

that's why i run gerbils. smaller eyes, higher piched squeels when you step on them!
                    Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Working...
                    X