Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocker panel damage

So of course I procastinated and have yet to order my rocker panel protection and I'm sure everyone can guess what has happened. So my question is this: I have banged up both sides below the doors, and want to know if I can install rocker panels over the damage, or if I have to have the sides repaired/straightened before I do. I was thinking if I go with the 3/16th thick panels, they'd be strong enough to cover any dents. I'll post photos tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about. Until then, any thoughts?

Jeri Lyn
    Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Which rockers are you planning to order?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
      Which rockers are you planning to order?
      Haven't decided yet. The a**hole who installed my lift was going to fab some for me, but decided he'd rather keep my money and not do it. But I digress. I was looking at spyder and warn, but hadn't got farther than that. I want beefy ones. I'm a bit hard on my panels.

Comment

I personally am going to install the Shrockworks rocker panels/rails

http://www.shrockworks.com/jeepbars.htm

As beefy as it gets. :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by anilorakt
          I personally am going to install the Shrockworks rocker panels/rails

http://www.shrockworks.com/jeepbars.htm

As beefy as it gets. :gun:
          Ooohhhh, yeaaahhh, very beefy. I like the look of those. What was the shipping cost from Texas?

JL

Comment

How about the new Rock-It Man rocker panels. I saw the prototypes at the Meet and Greet and they looked awesome. I wish I had them instead of my FXD guards.

http://www.rock-itman.com/
            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
            2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Pics? Chris? This is the time where you chime in and show off your goods! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
                How about the new Rock-It Man rocker panels. I saw the prototypes at the Meet and Greet and they looked awesome. I wish I had them instead of my FXD guards.

http://www.rock-itman.com/
                Kinda hard to compare without photos. hint hint. But their homepage reminded me I need a front bumper, also. hmmmm

Comment

I have pics from Sunday's prototype run ... just have to get permission from the man to post them

I guarantee you'll want these rockers! I do

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
                    Kinda hard to compare without photos. hint hint. But their homepage reminded me I need a front bumper, also. hmmmm
                    It's not all about the photos. It's more "function over form" when it comes to protecting your body. But I think the prototypes look great!

Comment

In answer to your question of can i install over the damage. Ultimately it depends on how severe the damage is... However I was able to prime and repaint my scuffs and dents, then install the FXD guards.

Make sure you prime and paint the scratches before you install, it will do a lot to help keep the rust away. Last thing you want is a rocker guard holding moisture against bare sheet metal.

Comment

Originally posted by mparker
                        In answer to your question of can i install over the damage. Ultimately it depends on how severe the damage is... However I was able to prime and repaint my scuffs and dents, then install the FXD guards.

Make sure you prime and paint the scratches before you install, it will do a lot to help keep the rust away. Last thing you want is a rocker guard holding moisture against bare sheet metal.
                        Yeah, I know I'll need to primer, etc before I install anything. My jeep's to young to be rusty.

Photos I'd like so I can see where on the jeep they come up to, and things like that. I know pretty don't help deflect rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
                          I also saw the prototype rockers chris has, All i can say is they are awesome, Definately check them out before ordering any, Plus you will be doing business local and from this board also.. Gotta help the local economy!! LOL
                          04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                          4" rough country springs
                          Nth degree arms upper and lower
                          1" Currie MML/BL
                          Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                          33"BFG MT's
                          Lock-rite in the front

Comment

hold off, jeri for the rockit-man rockers. you will be glad you did.
                            these are the only rockers on the market that offer the complete coverage, and total structural backing that these do.
                            i'm sure pics will be up soon.
                            these rockers are going to have many following in their footsteps.

Last edited by NAILER341; 02-16-05, 08:53 AM.
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

If you want buy a set of Rock-it man rockers and I'll trade you my warns

Honestly, I have not see the rockers but after talking with Chris and seeing his bumpers I would buy a set of his rockers in a heartbeat if I did not already have my warn rockers.
                              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
                              X