Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering box bolt

My buddy has a YJ and one of the bolts for the steering box is loose. The nut is inside the frame and it keeps turning, presumably it has broken loose. :mad:

Any clever ideas for tightening or removing and making a nut plate of some sort?

Chris L.
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

can you see the nut through a hole or something?
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by rick
      can you see the nut through a hole or something?
      You can get a finger to it through a transit tie down slot. There's not enough room for a wrench or anything.

I was thinking of cutting the 'kin head off the 'kin bolt and then making a new nut plate.
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Si amigo, cut dat chit off mang. Weld a nut to a tab of steel with an appropriately sized hole in it and fish it in there. You could also use one of those serrated self starting nuts with a piece of mig wire stuck to it to hold it until you get the bolt started, but you will be in the same boat the next time you want to remove the bolt - you'll have to cut it off.
        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
        X