Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 Cj5

I have a friend who has a 1972 CJ 5 who is having electrical problems. The problem is it is completely dead. It ran and died on the freeway. He went back and it started and drove it home. The next morning it would not start again. No click, no horn, no nothing.

Rick or anyone else have any ideas?????

Jason
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

<<<Crickets chirping>>>

Anyone have any thoughts?????

Jason

Comment

Step #1 is to check the obvious (water in the battery, tight, clean connections---including the grounds), then completely charge the battery and have it load tested.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

When you say complety dead, No power what so ever ,head lights, radio. If its just won't start, Its problable the starter solenoid. This supplies power to both the starter and coil. Easy test voltmeter battery cable to starter try to start should have voltage. (no voltmeter use a test light 12volt bulb with two wires) If you have voltage next on the side of the solenoid are 2 or 3, 12 or 14 gauge wires off to the side. one engages the solenoid the other supplies power for the coil.

I hope this helps.
        [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
        In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

I was just going off of what he said. I actually went and looked at it. It was a bad battery cable. Thanx for the replies.

Jason

Comment

Working...
          X