Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I expect??

I just realized the other day that the plastic tube running from my air filter to a bracket below the head light was missing, so I orderd a new one. Im waiting for Kragen to deliver my K&N air filter and will install both. Will I notice a difference at all...............?

no.
    http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest1.htm
    read the link. it is full of valuable information on filters
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

be sure to click the links at the bottom of that page.
      ERIK

Comment

hmmmm, kind of a bummer?

Comment

your jeep, your call. i had the k&n and it is on the floor of my garage now. i dont know if that is any help to you except perhaps to save you 40 bucks
          ERIK

Comment

Well thanks for the info anyway!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jr. Bonner
              I just realized the other day that the plastic tube running from my air filter to a bracket below the head light was missing, so I orderd a new one. Im waiting for Kragen to deliver my K&N air filter and will install both. Will I notice a difference at all...............?
              By a difference, do you mean more power?

If you think about it, an engine creates power by liberating the energy contained in the fuel: the calorific value of gas.

In order to burn fuel the engine needs oxygen contained in the air. So just adding more air does not add any more calories.

The amount of fuel is controlled by the jets in the carburettor or the map in the engine management computer. If you remapped the computer to add more fuel to match the increase in air flow you may see something, but as the article points out, the increase in air flow provided by K&N filters is negligible.

Some aftermarket filter systems increase the amount of intake noise heard by the driver so it's tempting to conclude that the engine is producing more power.

For the kind of driving we do in our Jeeps, keeping the :poop: out of the motor is the bigger concern.

Chris L.
              "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

well then the tube from the air filter to the grill should help some no?

Comment

Originally posted by Jr. Bonner
                  well then the tube from the air filter to the grill should help some no?
                  That tube is intended to pull cold air from outside the boiler room.

Cold air is more dense and hence contains more O2 per cuft.

This is getting a little deep isn't it
                  "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X