Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hops when I turn corners.

Could someone please tell me why my 88 jeep wrangler wants to hop when I turn a corner left or right it doesnt matter. someone told me it might be the wheel joints . But I wanted to get it right from the pros at MJR. THANKS ALOT GUYS! Rayj
    rayjdawg

Describe hop? My TJ does this if its in 4wd hi.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

My Xj Hops When I'm 4hi If I'm Turning On A Hard Serfice

Comment

You're not in 4wd when on pavement are you? No Jeep with a part-time 4x4 system like the Wrangler has and most XJs have should be in 4wd when on pavement. It will cause the wheels and suspension to bind up and hop/buck which is really bad for the entire drivetrain.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Really, the wheels and suspension will bind up. Haven't heard that before.

The transfercase will bind up, between the front and rear output, since there isn't a differential for the two possible speeds that it is seeing.

Such good info you hand out on Jeep Forums.

Comment

The tires will chirp in protest if you turn hard in 4wd for the reasons Trailbst mentioned. Moreso, if the diffs are locked too. I haven't actually noticed any "hopping" as in a Snoop Dog video .

As far as the first and third paragraph of Trailbst comments, not very informative and certainly not in good MJR etiquette.
            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
            2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

So you'll edit my response, and explanation, but won't edit the post in question??

I don't get it.

So here goes again. The first sentence is more of a question. The third sentence should've been written something more along the lines of "Ordinarily Jerry, your responses are very accurate and precise on Jeep Forums."

As for MJR etiquette, is it posted somewhere. I've never seen it, and couldn't find it when I looked today. When I read the rules for this area of the forum, I could find none that I had broken.

Now that this is off topic, if anyone has a concern with my recent posts, please feel free to PM me, or to email me at Trailbst@JonFund.com

Thanks.

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Trailbst
                So you'll edit my response, and explanation, but won't edit the post in question??

I don't get it.

So here goes again. The first sentence is more of a question. The third sentence should've been written something more along the lines of "Ordinarily Jerry, your responses are very accurate and precise on Jeep Forums."

As for MJR etiquette, is it posted somewhere. I've never seen it, and couldn't find it when I looked today. When I read the rules for this area of the forum, I could find none that I had broken.

Now that this is off topic, if anyone has a concern with my recent posts, please feel free to PM me, or to email me at Trailbst@JonFund.com
                Originally posted by TrailBst
                I did none of those. Is there more MJR etiquette posted somewhere else. I've been around since the beginning, and don't recall having seen anything posted. If I am wrong, I'll make my apoligies and carry on smartly.
                Give us all a break, Trailbst. I thought you would have learned a little something from being banned once before on this board.

"MJR etiquette" is nothing more than "normal human-being" etiquette. Do you go around constantly slamming your friends in real life?

You of all people should know what a great group we have here, and we treat each other with the respect that everyone deserves.
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Where is the disrespect?

Is it so wrong to question what is stated as fact? Is it so wrong to say that ordinarily that person gives good info, and this is not the norm for that person?

Give me a break, where is the slamming of any individual on MJR in this thread?? Except you take the time to bring up my past on MJR and slam me. Where is the etiquette there Sarah?

Where is the courtesy of notifying someone that their post was deleted and why? Where is the etiquette there?

The first sentence of the post in question, was a question. What is wrong with jmbrowning or Sarah or anyone else for that matter.

The second sentence was noted as being correct, and having nothing questionable in it.

The third sentence, I admitted that I could have worded better.

Where is the disrespect?

I have said before and I will say again. There is a great group of people here. You are right, I do know that. What does anyone hold against me?? That is what I want to know. The etiquette that has been spoken of in this thread has not been shown to me, yet it is expected and required that I show it to everyone else?

My wording in my original post of this thread was poor, Ok, I can admit that. I didn't slam anyone, I wasn't intentionally disrespectful, if that is what it is being called.

I just don't understand.

Jerry, I am sorry if in some way that I disrespected you. Not my intention. We have had some good information sharing, just recently, on Jeep Forums. I have no reason to disrespect you. My apologies if anything untoward was said to you or about you.

What else can I do Sarah, please tell me. I feel as if I am over-moderate and there is something being held against me.

Erik

Comment

What you can do, Trailbst, is not get uptight when something isn't 100%. Be it "our forum rules" or someone's post for that matter. You always take one little part of something and want incredible REASONS for it, like the whole etiquite thing. Lighten up, and get over it. Play nice and get along. Do I need to add that to the rules to help you out? No one else seems to have a problem with it.

Arguing, as you've seen before isn't going to get you anywhere here. We are also not into the drama you seem to enjoy creating.

If the next post isn't on topic, a moderator or I close this thread.

I apologize to rayjdawg for all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by rayjdawg
                      Could someone please tell me why my 88 jeep wrangler wants to hop when I turn a corner left or right it doesnt matter. someone told me it might be the wheel joints . But I wanted to get it right from the pros at MJR. THANKS ALOT GUYS! Rayj
                      Is this when you take a corner at speed (say 15 mph around a city street corner), or more when turning at full lock in a parking lot?

Please clarify if you have a locker or limited slip. That seems to be the other missing piece of the puzzle here. I have an LSD up front in my CJ and it won't exactly "hop", but it will definitely scrub the tires pretty good when I have the front hubs locked.
                      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                      My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Hey Rick I think you hit it right on the head. its when I turn a tight turn in a parking lot. This is my first jeep (88 wrangler). Is this normal I dont have a clue. but I sure do appreciate the help. Im starting here alittle clicking when I turn tight also is this normal. You guys sure seem to know your stuff Thanks again RGK
                        rayjdawg

Comment

Originally posted by rayjdawg
                          Hey Rick I think you hit it right on the head. its when I turn a tight turn in a parking lot. This is my first jeep (88 wrangler). Is this normal I dont have a clue. but I sure do appreciate the help. Im starting here alittle clicking when I turn tight also is this normal. You guys sure seem to know your stuff Thanks again RGK
                          What size tires do you have? It could be your tires rubbing the spring.

Comment

Sarah is right. Tire on the spring is a possibility but should only happen on sharp turns if that is happening at all. My first thought is that the vehicle has a Detroit Locker and is skipping because you are accelerating around the corners.
                            92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Working...
                            X