Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New currie/Poison Spider setup

Well I bent my tie rod and drag link in Last Chance last week. They never had a chance! Anyway ordered the track bar from poison spyder and the drag link from currie. I love love it! It's beefy as hell. Only problem is now I didn't order my bracket for the stabilizer. Whoops!

Bent tie rod next to new poison spyder

New stuff!
    Last edited by H8PVMT; 12-07-04, 11:48 PM.
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

That is a bent tie rod. The track bar is the gray RE bar behind everything in the middle pic.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Man... I can't find any Emoticons for Jealous...

I worry about my front end parts everytime I go out...
      Scott Poliseno
      www.4x4garage.com

The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
        That is a bent tie rod. The track bar is the gray RE bar behind everything in the middle pic.

Hey good catch, in my furry of trying to post I confused myself. Must have had track bar on the brain cause it was loose. fixed. :thumbs_up

Did take it on a test drive and death wobble is back, at least I can narrow it down to two things, alignment, or that damn stabilizer.
        [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by 4x4garage
          Man... I can't find any Emoticons for Jealous...

I worry about my front end parts everytime I go out...
          Yeah that was one of those mods that was way in the future, then I bent everything... oh darn.
          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

How much was the Currie drag link?

Comment

[QUOTE= Did take it on a test drive and death wobble is back, at least I can narrow it down to two things, alignment, or that damn stabilizer.[/QUOTE]

Your running stock upper control arms and adj. lowers? I had a slight wobble/shake when I hit bumps a certian way, turned out to be the caster mainly, my stabilizer was bad too but the caster was the culprit.
              In my case I have adj. uppers (adjusted to the shortest lenght) and solid lowers, Rubi Express stuff.

B&T TJ

Comment

I have that same poison spyder tie rod... I also need to know how much currie stroked you for that drag link....please....
                I get death wobble all the time.. I just can't get my tires balanced for very long.. I'm always knocking the weights off or spinning the tires in the rims. beadlocks are even harder to balance... oh well.. I have a trailer...
                It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

The thing was $215 w/shipping, directly from currie. (poison spider was $200 yeah I could have went with both of them being currie, but to be honest I like poison spider's stuff alot better.)
                  As for the control arms, I wish I would have gotten the uppers instead of the lowers. Doh. I was fine before I did all this though so I am sure I can work the bugs out.
                  [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

90% of death wobble is track bar related. Bump steer is usually caused by bad caster.

Comment

90% of death wobble is track bar related. Bump steer is usually caused by bad caster.
                      I have the RE adjustable trackbar, and it's got axle centered. I measured the alignment and the tires were toed out 1/2 an inch, whoopsie! Dialed that in and threw on the stabilizer, no more death wobble. Don't you hate how tempermental jeeps are!
                      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
                        I have the RE adjustable trackbar, and it's got axle centered. I measured the alignment and the tires were toed out 1/2 an inch, whoopsie! Dialed that in and threw on the stabilizer, no more death wobble. Don't you hate how tempermental jeeps are!
                        Right there with ya bro! Keep's it fun but what was I thinkin! I've learn to go reeeaaalll slow with the mods and ask a lot of question (brick+block wall=my thick skull, dense) can't get through.

Having the time of my life, B&T TJ

Comment

Well Al... you were right! I was on the way home from work and it all started again, not alot just slightly. Anyway I measured and shortened the track bar about half an inch, took it on the freeway and well, let's just say it hasn't been that smooth since I lifted it.

Thanks for the help. :haha: :thumbs_up YOU ROCK!
                          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Working...
                          X