Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi i am new here

Hi i have a '91 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0 and was looking for somethings for it.... i am looking into getting a snorkel kit and a new bumper and winch kit anyone got ideas... also what are some things that your recommend i do to it so it will be "off road worthy" thnx for all responses i appreciate it

Hey Dude! Welcome to MJR!

When I had my XJ, I bought a new "used" ARB safari Snorkel off some dude. It was never used, so that was cool. It looked cool and all, but honestly it didnt do any good. For the front bumper there is a guy selling a C4x4 winch (I think) bumper for a decent price in the forsale section. Might want to check that out. I know one of the vendors on here can get you a good deal on a winch. As for "Off-Road worthyness" I would start with tow hooks in the front. Custom 4x4 makes a nice kit. I cant remember is anyone makes tow hook kits for the rear. I would also get some armor . . . T-case skid, diff guards, Rocker protection and a gas skid. I pieced together a 4.5 inch lift for about $500 and got some 33" with wheels for free. So it can be done inexpensive, if you keep an eye out for deals. If you dont care about that, I would look into Rubicon Express stuff, for suspension. They make a nice buget boost that allows you to fit 31's or so. Then you can hit just about anything in Big Bear or near by. Let us know if you have any questions.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

i would say forget the snorkel. with the money you saved from that i would get some good armor...rock rails, t-case skid, and gastank skid in that order. since you have a 90 it has a steel tank which will take a few hits(like mine has) as for bumper, good idea and winch; even better idea.

ok i have an idea...ill name off most of the stuff for moderate wheeling in order of importance(pertaning to your rig, remember food water and all that jazz)

recovery points- and absolute must if your gonna wheel, a rear hitch is a good one and for the front a nice winch bumper with D-ring tabs will do the trick. along with this stuff recover gear straps without the metal hooks, D-rings, receiver shackle for the rear or just use a hitch pin and put the strap through it...

Armor-rock rails, t case, gas tank, engine/tranny

Lift- depends on the type of wheeling i would say a 3" to 3.5" lift and 31s or 32s depending on how much you wanna hack up your fenders.

here is my rig hacked with 235 metrics on there

and here it is with 31s

here is a rear shot with 31s chopped fenders and about 3.5" of lift

MISC
      CB radio is a good thing to have so you can communicate with your buddies, full size spare no donuts, if your gonna air down your tired you gotta have a way to air them up a cheapo cig lighter pump will work just be prepared to wait a while for it to fill up
      Last edited by JeepJunkie; 11-14-04, 11:33 PM.
      B R E T T
      87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

chris you beat me to the snorkel punch!! you dog you!!

my lift consists of a 2" coil spacer up front along with Grand Cherokee V8 Up Country coils that gave about another inch. The rear is a 2" AAL and a 1.5 inch shackle. all in all cost me about 200 bucks plus reatreaded 31s for 50 bucks a pop
        B R E T T

Comment

Welcome aboard ... "What they said," plus you'll have to meet up with us sometime and look at all the different products we all have on our Jeeps. Then you can see the stuff in action.
          Sarah
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

hey i forgot to mention that i already have a 3 inch lift thnx for those responses i am gonna go look into some of the armor

Comment

Originally posted by kev0
              hey i forgot to mention that i already have a 3 inch lift thnx for those responses i am gonna go look into some of the armor

What size tire are you running with the 3"? definately go armor and recovery gear and i think your set.
              B R E T T

Comment

i am running 31 10.5 Bfgoodrich radial all terrain i am looking into the c4x4 bumper

Comment

Working...
                X