Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HM Disconnects

Well, I have been meaning to do Home Made Disconnects for a while. So I thought about it last night and thought I would do following Jeepgal's way, I used some liquid wrench last night a few times, went to homedepot this evening and spent $6.01 on 2 pins, 4 clips and 4 washers. Came home set everything up and decided to take my tire off to get a better hold of everything. Well, I got my clutch replaced about 2 months ago and the guy said he'll rotate my tires and check all the fluids in everything for free (can't so no to free). Well, I go to take the driver side wheel and only able to get one lug lose, thought i would just do passenger side and then come back well luck prevails and I can only get one lug again. so 2 for 10, going back to the place tomorrow to talk to the guy and have em rotate the tires and torque em to specs for free since he torque em a lil to much. I somewhat know this guy he did a lot of work on my 68 Mustang (the stuff I couldn't do like exhaust, tranny and clutch). But I wanted to get the disconnects done and worry about the tires tomorrow. the bolts still wont budge a bit so I busted out the liquid wrench again and oiled em up a few times, Now im just waiting till I can get them loose so I can have some fun. Thought I would share my misery of tonight with everyone.

PS Thank you Jeepgal for the write up
    98 Sahara, not much done to it, 30x9.50 BFG A/T's, but a set of 33x12.50 M/t Baja claws waiting to be put on. Carr deluexe rota bar wiht some lights on top. to many wants to list on such a small space!

:angry: Well, at the end of the Night not much accomplished. I got the nuts on the top of the stock connects off nothing else with the connects. But on a better note I busted out my dremil tool and my new drill and finally took off the endcaps on my bumper, The bolts wouldn't unscrew. Took me a good 45 mins with breaks every 2 bolts till the last 2 and i got 1 off and had to take a break because i just need one :beer:. So my breakdown of tonight; 2 cuts on my hand, no end caps on bumpers, 6 of stl's finest gone and me really pissed and going to bed. I found my night amuzing and wish that everything works in the morning.
    98 Sahara, not much done to it, 30x9.50 BFG A/T's, but a set of 33x12.50 M/t Baja claws waiting to be put on. Carr deluexe rota bar wiht some lights on top. to many wants to list on such a small space!

Comment

Youre very welcome...sorry about your tire problems, and that you cant get those bolts undone

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Dumbe question but did you have the Jeep off jacks when you loosened? Second is that did you jump on the barr, or use a pipe on the tire iron as a breaker bar?
        I have found using a breaker bar on the end of the ratchet to get anything off helps. Being bumper end caps or anything else on the jeep for that matter.
        I always use the PB blaster before I try to loosen anything, Helps alot. Good luck on getting things undone. I have been there. Just tell yourself "She won't beat me". Sometimes it takes some creative solutions. Dremmell=Good. Sawsall=Better.
        [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
        [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

FWIW, you really shouldn't use a cheater bar on a ratchet. It is actually pretty easy to damage a ratchet that way. Put a actual breaker bar on the socket, then use a cheater bar on that.
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
          X