Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under the Knife - Hood Vents

Well, I cut the sheetmetal on my TJ for the first time tonight. I didnt have any problem doing it . . . it was kinda fun. I just measured twice, cut once. Actually it was measure 10+ times, cut once . I followed this guys thread, which was very interesting to read: Hood Vents and Cooling

I didnt take any before or during pics, but here are the afters. I really like the way it turned out.

I'll try and take some daytime pics, but this is all I have for now.
    Last edited by Dukes69; 07-31-03, 10:28 PM.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

LOOKS GOOD CHRIS!

Itll be interesting to see how well it works in keeping the heat down. You could fry an egg on my hood

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

looks good, duke! but.... it looks like your priorities are all mixed up. get the thing flexing, then make it all fancy j/k
      looks good... really
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
        looks good, duke! but.... it looks like your priorities are all mixed up. get the thing flexing, then make it all fancy j/k
        looks good... really
        I have to do something while I'm waiting for parts to come in from RE. I rebuilt the front shaft yesterday . . . tomorrow, who knows!
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
          looks good... really
          No kidding ! I hope he gets his parts soon ...... If he gets too bored the next thing we'll see is a typeR sticker!!!

Comment

Hey Duke, looks real good. How much did they cost? Did you get them from the dealer or somewhere else? So was it like $60+ or did you score in a junkyard? Looks really nice though.
            Last edited by YJWOLF; 08-01-03, 01:41 AM.
            Screw you guys, I'm goin' to pismo.

Comment

Originally posted by YJWOLF
              Hey Duke, looks real good. How much did they cost? Did you get them from the dealer or somewhere else? So was it like $60+ or did you score in a junkyard? Looks really nice though.
              I found them on E-bay . . . paid $41 for the Louvers and splash pans, and sold the splash pans for $20. So I made out pretty good, I think
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
              X