Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help please

I got my 4.5 SF kit installed, now I have some questions. After the lift was done and everything was torqued to spec I took it for a test drive. It drives fine, no vibes, but it seems to wander a little. After I drove it, I checked my toe-in and it was at 3/8" a little high, but it doesn't shake or shimmy while driving.

Now my questions, as I was doing my first test drive, my speedo hit 45 dropped to 40 and then jumped back up, my shift light came on while I was in 5th gear :confused: . I'm not too concerned with these things really. Now when I swerve back and forth, it feels like the front end is swaying instead of turning. Is this normal with the adjustable trackbar or is something amiss?

FYI 4.5" RE SF lift(adj. trackbar and adj. upper arms) Currie anti-rock and CV yoke and driveshaft.

Thanks
    04 Rubicon
    4.5" RE Super Flex
    1" BL
    CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
    Currie Anti-rock swaybar
    35" el cheapos
    Front Bumper & Rockers

What is your castor at? I had to shorten the upper (front) arms all the way just to get the castor back to 4.5*(I am running the same lift as you, but I opted for the 3.5" springs). If you don't have enough [castor], you will get all around poor handling, much like you are describing.

My shift light (stupid thing) comes on in 5th gear quite a bit, particularly when I top a hill with a relatively open throttle, then let off to keep my speed down, and sometimes in 4-low too. It has done it since I bought it.

As for the swaying----not really sure what you mean....swaying like you left your sway bar disconnected? Or swaying like your track bar isn't connected?
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

How can I check my castor? I set my upper arms per the instructions(3/8" longer than stock).

The swaying feels like it is disconnected, like the body is moving before the chasis. I think this could be from the way the anti-rock is set. I have it set in the second hole (going from the rear of the vehicle towards the front).

Thanks
      04 Rubicon
      4.5" RE Super Flex
      1" BL
      CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
      Currie Anti-rock swaybar
      35" el cheapos
      Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Now when I swerve back and forth, it feels like the front end is swaying instead of turning
        tjrubicon,
        This is normal with the currie antirock.You're gonna get much more body roll.If its too much try #1 or #2 (#1 being closest to front bumper)for highway use.I just leave mine set in the middle(hole#3)I just take the turns a but slower.Takes time getting use to the extra body roll.

I think the hole you have it set on is opposite of what im describing.The holes closest to the front bumper are for highway use.Looks like you have it set on offroad use only.

When i had the lift installed by 4west I took their word for granted as to not needing to take it in for an alignment.They said it was dialed in just right.Yeah,right..1k miles later i had gone through half the thread on my front tires.I couldnt even tell that the alignment was way off,drove straight as an arrow,no shakes,(almost 2"off).
        Finally took it in and had it computerized aligned.

I say just give yourself some peace of mind and let them throw it on the rack.Cost me $45 bux though.
        Last edited by mischifdad; 10-24-04, 02:56 PM.

Comment

That's what my plans are when I get off work in the morning. Take it in to get it aligned. Thanks for the help, I'm gonna reposition my anti-rock and see what happens.
          04 Rubicon
          4.5" RE Super Flex
          1" BL
          CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
          Currie Anti-rock swaybar
          35" el cheapos
          Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Working...
          X