Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in Passenger side Floor Board

So I get in my jeep this morning and there is almost an inch of water on the passenger side floorboard. I remember reading something regarding when water is sitting there something was wrong. I looked everywhere for a leak near the door or window cause it rained pretty hard last night.

My other thought that water was coming through the vents on the hood. I felt around under the glove box and it was wet under there. I ddidt have a good chance to really look under there though.

Is there anything I should check?? It drives fine, levels look good.
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

I think this has to do with a drain pipe for the AC condenser and some how when it rains water can run along this pipe and soak into the cab.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

YA, that makes total sence, as long as its nothing major, I am happy.
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

which top do you have on it? safari?
        J/k. My hard top will leak from the rear window down the side sometimes, in fact I should go out and check on it now. I've had a slight puddle back there the winter before last.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

In the rear I have a puddle from the Hard Top. But thats ok. It was the huge puddle on the floor board that worried me. What Nagel says makes sence. I will have to sneak under someones carport when I get hom and check it out.
          Supe

Comment

not to worry you but you might want to check your heater core. that is where they leak when they do easiest way is check engine coolant, of course you allready knew that more unlikely just tryin to help
            im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
            4 inch rough country lift
            35x12.5LT16's
            super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

everybit of info is good I am learning as I go.
              Supe

Comment

Originally posted by drivenhardse
                not to worry you but you might want to check your heater core. that is where they leak when they do easiest way is check engine coolant
                Or just check the water that has collected in the floor... if it's clear or at least not green or orange, it's not the heater core.
                The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

I thought water inside was normal! I keep my rear drain plugs pulled. oh yea I dont have carpet either.

:2: My best feature not mod. :2:
                  [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
                  In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Look at the rubber line leading down through the engine compartment from the cowl vent right in front of the windshield. Was real common with the YJ's.
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY
                    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

It could also be the windshield rubber seal, my CJ leaks a little when it rains.
                      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                      My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

My drain plugs have taken up permanent residence in a box in the garage....so have all the plastic windows (soft top), and 90% of the time the doors are there too. The only thing I dont like is when the drivers seat gets wet and I have to go somewhere.

Oh, I also hate the reaction I get when I pick up my date with no doors on and it's raining. That usually doesn't work too well.
                        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

My 94 leaks. But only when it rains. I haven't figured where it gets in, but it isn't shy. I point it down hill so the drain hole is at the low spot.

You need to keep the windows open after it stops raining so it doesn't get like a green house on the inside...

Insert witty comment here.

Comment

It only happend that one time. I avnt really been able to check it out. I havnt even been able to really work on my jeep at all. My garage is fill of boxes now. Long Story :angry:

When it did leak, it was the only time I used my Defrost.........

My jeep needs attention....poor thing
                            Supe

Comment

Working...
                            X