Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nth Degree Tummy Tucker

Is anyone here running an Nth Degree flat skid, with 4" suspension lift, 1"MM lift and a D44 rear. (on a steel blue TJ with Aluminum wheels )If so, what is your rear driveshaft angle? (to the nearest 0.5 degree would be close enough )

David
    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]2001 TJ with stuff..[/COLOR]

i am running the 1" drop version on my yj. you will need a motor mount lift. i have a 1" mml, which i changed to make it a 1.5" mml. this makes pretty nice driveline angles.
    having installed another 1" drop skid [currey] onto a tj, and having been the one to beat the living hell out of the underside of the body tub to make that fit... and realizing there is virtually zero clearance between the transmission, and the tunnel... i recommend the dropped version, unless you want to really go to work.
    the nth degree tt skids are top notch though. you wont be disappointed.
    not that it will help you, but my pinion angle is 4*
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Thanks, the more I think about it the drop version is probably fine and should be less hassle to install. I gather that its not actually dropped across the full width anyway, but is actually flat at the frame rails.

How do you manage a 4* pinion angle? high pinion rear?
      [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]2001 TJ with stuff..[/COLOR]

Comment

just lots of fudging things around to make em fit the best.
        the motor is lifted really high to point the transfer case at the pinion.
        ERIK

Comment

I'm running a 2003 Rubi TJ with the Nth Degree TT drop version with a MML/BL. Using 4" OME springs and RE SF2 all-adj arms. Still get a vibe once in a while on hard acceleration especially on a driver side turn.

Not quite sure why, maybe the yokes need to be hogged out a bit more. The Nth Degree stuff really pushes the limits of tolerances.

Never a problem on slow sections in Hi and never a problem in Lo. Only seems to be prob when the back end squats on hard acceleration.

HTH
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Just to tag an extra question onto the back of this, what all is needed for a tummy tuck? Their site is listing it at around $300 but this surely can't be everything. I'm guessing it doesn't come with the SYE or new drive shaft, is that correct?

Comment

it does not come with sye etc... that is about anoteher 500 bucks.
              a body lift helps too... and a motor mount lift will keep your driveline angles happy
              get the idea?
              the tummy tuck is a pretty extensive undertaking, but well worth it
              ERIK

Comment

I have the Nth Degree 1.25" drop Tummy Tucker. I also got their auto-trans skid extension to the TT and their oil pan skid as well. Before I put on the TT et al., I already had a 1" body lift, 1" motor mount lift, and SYE and CV drive shaft. expensive.. but well worth it.

here's a few pics.

these are from before the install..

Oil pan skid

TT

with tummy tucker

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

I think I'm just going to do it slowly over time. Do a BL and MML to get some height. Then later, toss in the SYE and CV (expensive, I know but when I decide to go to bigger tires, it'll fix the vibes) and then finally get the pan.

Man, those pics look great!

Comment

Thanks!

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Originally posted by flywaterguide
                      I have the Nth Degree 1.25" drop Tummy Tucker. I also got their auto-trans skid extension to the TT and their oil pan skid as well. Before I put on the TT et al., I already had a 1" body lift, 1" motor mount lift, and SYE and CV drive shaft. expensive.. but well worth it.
                      You mentioned you already had the sye and cv DS. Did you have to adjust the length of your DS after getting you tummy tuck?

I am considering a tuck. I currently have 4" of lift (all spring) sye and cv DS. I dont plan on going any higher for a while and would like some more clearance under there. Do you still like it? Any oher recommendation?

Who Else Makes this sort of skid?
                      Last edited by TJSUPE; 10-26-05, 04:12 PM.
                      Supe
                      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                      Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

I'm getting ready to fab one up from approx 3/16 plate.
                        b4 i do it, gonna modify my motor mounts and move the powerplant forward 3 inches. I already have the MORE raised MM's, but will fab the new mount point a little higher.
                        that will create a clearance issue with the hood, so I am going to cut a reverse scoop into the hood.
                        a couple big pieces of 4x4 angle weld it all together, drill some holes in the frame rail for horizontal grade 8 bolts and call it done.

I figure I'm about a month from design to complete.

will post up in the fabricators thread when done.

I just hate buying something, if I can make it for le$$.

good luck with that nth degree.

CB
                        Tires, Gears, Armor, what else do I need for the Hammers?

Comment

Working...
                        X