Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painless Wiring???

Has anyone used the painless wiring kit on a CJ-7? My question is does it come with all the ends to plug into factory ends? Or do you use you old ends and just splice the wires?
    I Like Rocks

http://www.painlessperformance.com/harness6.htm
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Painless is good stuff but when I was choosing between them and Centech to totally rewire a '73 CJ-5 a friend was doing a total restoration of, I did a lot of research prior to choosing Centech over Painless. I got a lot more positive reports on Centech than I did Painless which is why I chose Centech's wiring kit (my friend left all the wiring and wiring-related decisions up to me).

As it turned out, the wiring was much easier than I thought. Each wire is lableled and the labeling is even printed onto each wire itself in a constantly repeating fashion.

When I was done, my friend noticed something... that the wiring came out 100% flawless, not a single error and everything worked great and has continued to work great for the five years since I did the wiring. I can't say enough good things about the Centech wiring kit.
      The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

I've never done either. Sounds like Centech and painless are very similar. I know painless also prints on their wiring.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I used the non terminated Painless version on my 61 CJ5. Nothing was stock anymore except the tail lights. Everything was well labeled and the whole job was very easy. It's been about 5 years now and had no problems at all.

David
          [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]2001 TJ with stuff..[/COLOR]

Comment

EZ wire also has the same set up, the wires are marked ever 6 or so inches to what it goes too, People I had talked to said nothing but good about Ez wire and they arent as expensive as painless, I have a 21 circuit universal harness I havent used as I was gonna use it on my 42 chevy project truck but have abandoned (probably bad spelling) the project, I may be willing to part with it for the right price...
            04TJ, 4.0 5spd
            4" rough country springs
            Nth degree arms upper and lower
            1" Currie MML/BL
            Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
            33"BFG MT's
            Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Working...
            X