Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch disc installation

How do I know if I put the clutch disc on properly. There is a flat side and a side that sticks out,I put the part that sticks out on the fly wheel side ,becaue it fit better and the clutch disc cover would have of hit the springs when the clutch is engaged,their seemed not to be to much room between the springs and the clutch plate,please tell me that i did not install this wrong, the clutch is very tight, any other ideas why the clutch would be very firm

Tera,

Don't give up on the forum. I don't know if you've read any of the event posts, but the majority of the members of this Forum head to the Rubicon early this morning.

As for your clutch, it has been so long since I replaced mine, that I don't remember which way the disc goes in, but I will make an effort to find my tech manual and see what I can find out for you, Ok?

Glad you made it to the Forum, just a bad time to have questions since most of the members are out on the trail. I know that they will more than willingly help you out as soon as they return home.

Erik

Comment

USUALLY THE SIDE THE PROTRUDES FARTHER GOES AGAINST THE PRESSURE PLATE . YOU DEFINATELY NEED TO READJUST YOUR CLUTCH LINKAGE . SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK ok I got it unstuck ! Sorry about the late response , Erik an I are still here though .

JIM :{>

Comment

Jim, not taking Rubi to the 'Con??

Comment

I had a death in the family . had to stay in town for the funeral . Bummed out about it specially since I was one of the original planners of this trip . Next time

JIM :{>

Comment

Jim, sorry to hear about the loss in your family. I'll say a little prayer for You and yours tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailbst
              Jim, sorry to hear about the loss in your family. I'll say a little prayer for You and yours tonight.
              Thanks I appreciate it !

Comment

Is the throwout bearing on the right way? It needs to have the flat wide riding surface out (away from the trans), toward the clutch springs. It *should* only go on one way, but make sure the fork that goes on the bearing is in the right place also. If it is on the back of the bearing, it will push the springs much farther than they should go. That would also explain having to adjust the push rod all the way down to get it together. Make sure you have the linkage right also. Did you change anything there? A pic would be very helpful, but it doesn't sound like you can get that if you have it all together?

What vehicle is this on? Is it a hydraulic clutch or manual?

:shades:
                1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Every clutch set I have ever installed (quite a few....used to do it for a living) had a sticker on one side of the clutch disk that told you which way it goes. Every clutch set that we manufacture has the same thing.

What Jim said about the "protruding" side going towards the pressure plate is also correct. The flat side almost always goes to the engine.
                  olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                  X