Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Price

As soon as my new wheels show up next week, the Jeep will be get some new tires.

I am looking at Goodyear MTR 32x11.5 R 15 (Not sure if I can fit 33s so going to start with 32s). Lowest price I have found so far is $198 ea installed and $18 ea for extended warranty covering off-raod damage.

Does this sound about right?
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

try www.tirerack.com. They are usually the cheapest. Then take that price and goto Americas tire and have them match it.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Make sure you get the tire size you want. Although I've benefitted from other people buying smaller tires and a smaller lift than they ended up wanting ... hehe. It would suck to get 32's and then want 33's a few months later.

See if you can find a used set, and then slap the America's Tire Certificates on 'em! That's what Rick did with his 35's.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

The America's Tire Company I tired would not match the prices on the wheels I want (would not even come close) so I do not know if they would match the price from tirerack.com.

32s is what I want for now. I know I will want 33s later but do not want to deal with fitment issues right now. No used tires, orders from the wife. Since she is paying for them, I won't argue that point.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
          See if you can find a used set, and then slap the America's Tire Certificates on 'em! That's what Rick did with his 35's.
          So you buy some use tires some where else and then get them certed at American Tire?
          P.S. I went with new 32's and now wish I had'nt. Should go 33's. Getting a lift right?
          “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
          -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I measured and looks like I can fit 33s in. I would have to get some coil spring spacers on the front fast as I would only have 2.5 inches of space between the tire and lip of the fender flare.
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
              So you buy some use tires some where else and then get them certed at American Tire?
              P.S. I went with new 32's and now wish I had'nt. Should go 33's. Getting a lift right?
              You bet. I bought my 31's in Michigan, drove on them for a year or so, drove them 2k miles to Cali, and they cert'd them (in Cali) no questions asked.

For tires bought from America's Tire w/certs: (Just to show how flexible they are...) Rick gave me his 33's, I took em in, obviously I'm not Rick, showed them the certs, no questions asked. He got 35's from GoinCmndo in Utah, took the tires along with his current wheels to get mounted, showed them the certs, no questions asked. Nor did it cost anything to transfer the certs. (Nor were some of the tires in good condition and had obviously been offroad!)

Also, the great thing about it is that you can get into trouble in another state and they are still there for you. During our Jeep Magazine adventure, we blew a tire on my Jeep, and got it fixed right there in Tuscon.

America's Tire Certs ROCK!
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

How much lift have you got?

MTR's run small

Tam
                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

about 2.5" of lift. I did not do the before and after measurements.
                  Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

4wheelparts.com has them for 188.99 with free shipping, installation, alignment and no questions asked life time warranty. Last weekend they also had 10% discount on everything, you can still call and ask for it. That would probably get the price down to around 170. Btw, 4wheelparts has a swapmeet sale on 18th; probably you could find something interesting there!

Comment

I got mine at Americas Tire for $165 ea plus $22 for the warranty. Installed with lifetime rotation and balancing.

I didnt shop. That was about a year or so back.

Tam

Oh...youll need another inch to get 33's in there...do a 1" bodylift...quick and easy mod. Plus it will allow you to get that tire on your stock tire carrier until you can buy a Rock-itMan tire carrier

T.

Comment

Its settled, going with 33s but geting BFG MTs (a bit more affordable for me). Already have coil spring spacer ordered (I just don't want to do the body lift right now).

I'd like to get the Rock-it Man carrier but I already have a Warn Rear Bumper.
                        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Just my humble opinion...but youll be WAY happier with the MTR's. Ask a few people whove had both. You wont be dissattisfied. I think Al (Igofshn) just got his first set of MTRs. I know a few people whove had BFG's and went to MTR's. Also, I think the 33" BFGs run a bit more true to size.

Tam

Comment

I have never had MTRs. I know both MTRs and BFG are great tires and many perfer the MTRs. I can save some money by gettting the BFG and can always go to MTRs on the next set. I would actually like to get some Mickey Thompson Baja Radial Claws
                            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
                            X