Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

96' Cherokee,check Engine Light Came On,twice??

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96' Cherokee,check Engine Light Came On,twice??

Check Engine Came On Twice,in The Past Week,now I Did Just Put A 4.5 Lift In And 32x11.50 Also,about 2 Weeks Ago,im Thinking It May Be The Speedo Confusing The Computer On True Speed,anyone??anyone??.....bueller?....lol
    1996 CHEROKEE SPORT,4.5 ROUGH COUNTRY LIFT,32X11.50 MUD ROVERS,15X8.5 EAGLES

2003 HONDA TRX 400EX A.K.A.---> "THE DUNER"

Originally posted by ARIZONA XJ
    Check Engine Came On Twice,in The Past Week,now I Did Just Put A 4.5 Lift In And 32x11.50 Also,about 2 Weeks Ago,im Thinking It May Be The Speedo Confusing The Computer On True Speed,anyone??anyone??.....bueller?....lol

i belive with the 96 you can pull codes by switching the key to the on then off then on then off a certain number of times. here you go this guys site is awesome hope this helps...http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoECUcodes.htm
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

This may sound stupid, Check your gas cap, A bad gas cap or not put on tight can actually cause your check engine light to come on as you emissions are not correct, It came on on my wifes honda oddsey, I took it in, luckily under warranty) and it was the culprit..
      04TJ, 4.0 5spd
      4" rough country springs
      Nth degree arms upper and lower
      1" Currie MML/BL
      Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
      33"BFG MT's
      Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Working...
      X