Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires for a Daily Driver

Since my axle swap will be done soon, and I almost have everything together for my lift its time to start thinking about tires.

I am going to go 33x12.50 but was wondering what tire to use. I know the Goodyear MT/Rs rock but this is my daily driver and was wondering how loud they are.

Right now I have some Big O Bigfoot AT and really like them, might even go to their MT.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

I run MT/R's every day, and have no issue with the noise they create. Of course, I also have a serious eversion to doors and windows. They are the only tires I have ever used on my TJ, and won't be changing them anytime soon.
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Any mud tire is going to be louder than an AT no matter what brand.

I don't think the MT/R's are loud. They are IMO the best tire.

Comment

I run MT/Rs also. I don't think that they are that loud, they hum, but they're not loud to where you can hear me coming from a mile away.
        04 Rubicon
        4.5" RE Super Flex
        1" BL
        CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
        Currie Anti-rock swaybar
        35" el cheapos
        Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

My Jeep makes so many other noises, tire noise just doesnt bother me!
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

They are music to my ears. If I wanted peice and quiet I would have never gotten married the second time around. mean bought a Jeep
            [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
            In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

What kinda tires make the most noise?? :confused:
              B R E T T
              87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

I run MT/R on my daily driver - 80 miles round trip each day. They are loud but a few sheets of Dynamat and a couple cans of spray undercoating makes for an easy 2 to 2.5 hours behind the wheel.
                Last edited by cc2; 08-26-04, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I know MTs are louder than ATs but sounds like it won't be that much of an issue.
                  Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
                    What kinda tires make the most noise?? :confused:
                    They go pssssssssss pow! whop whop whop followed by an a sh%$. Your Honor, how do you expect me to pay that one.

Mtr's start out with a humming noise just like when you first get married, you just want to go wheeling an listen to the tires on the road. but just after a few years down the road they start making a whining noise at 65mph, and like being married, soon you just tone the noise out.

But for real I run AT's on my full size Jimmy. MT's on my jeep really can't tell the differance.
                    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
                    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

I have also noticed that they get a little more noisier as they get older. Got 15,000 miles on my set and I can hear them a bit more at 45+mph. You cannot beat them for performance. I got a nail stuck in one of them and the thing did not lose any air. I don't know how long I ran it with the nail in there. Once I found it, I drove it down to the local tire store and they fixed it (didn't have to swap to a spare)... amazing.

Comment

My MT/Rs dont make alot of noise. My dad used to have BFG mud terrains and they were loud loud loud. And only 33's.

Comment

I'll give yoo a swhweeet deal on my GSAs that came on the Unlimited, course I'll buy MTRs to replace them.

Comment

Thanks for the offer but my next set of tires will be 33x12.50 and by the looks of it MTRs, just have to save up some money.
                            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
                            X