Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic info needed...

3" lift done, stock tires look silly and 30's arent too much bigger, gonna go w/ 31x10.50 and i heard its ok to put it on a stock wheel but b/c of the offset it may rub...if i get that black american racing wheel that everyone has in the 15x8 size, who sells em cheapest...and what offset should i get it at so that i dont have too much rubbing...i also HATE when the wheel sticks out really far out of the wheel well so whats the least offset i can do w/out rubbing? Thanks for any info.

i am running a 2 inch spacer with ruby springs on my 04 wrangler se with 285/75/16 on stock rubicon wheels and only get minor rubbing when turning real hard, have been told that these tires are the same as 32's but i dont know they look big on my jeep and is what i like. hope my responce helps you with a decision.
    im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
    4 inch rough country lift
    35x12.5LT16's
    super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

I would say prob a 4.5" backspacing
      B R E T T
      87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

From the MJR XJ FAQ:

[color=red]Lifts (tire fitting, backspacing, lift types)[/color]

[color=blue]What size tires can I fit on my Jeep?[/color]
        There is no absolute due to variance in suspensions, but here are some general guidelines?

-- No trimming and no lift, factory wheels
        Typically a stock rig can handle 29" tires, MAYBE 30"? 235's metric?

-- No trimming, 15x8" Tech1 w/4.75 backspacing --

With 2" lift = 29 to 30x9.50 tires
        With 3" lift = 30x9.50 tires
        With 4.5" lift = 31x10.50 tires

-- Minor trimming, 15x8" Tech1 w/4.75 backspacing --

With 2" lift = 30x9.50 tires
        With 3" lift = 30x9.50 to 31x10.50 tires
        With 4.5" lift = 31x10.50 to 32x11.50 tires
        With 6" lift = 33x12.50 tires

In addition to these guidelines, year must be considered. Up to 96 the wheel wells were generally more "open"?97 and later have a tighter front wheel well and are more likely to experience rubbing. Of course, virtually any tire can be fit with enough trimming. Typically most XJ owners don't go much larger than 35" tires, and that's at a minimum of 6" of lift.
        If your wheel backspacing is less than 4.75" (such as 3.75") expect to add at least an extra inch of lift.
        Also, thinner tires will fit easier as well. (such as 33x10.50's)

[color=blue]What is backspacing?[/color]
        The distance from the inner edge of the wheel to the hub mount pad. Note: Sometimes the distance from the outer edge of the wheel to the hub mount pad is referred erroneously to as offset. BE CAREFUL!

[color=blue]What is wheel offset?[/color]
        OFFSET - The distance from the centerline to the hub mount pad (where the wheel attaches to the hub). POSITIVE OFFSET - The hub-mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. NEGATIVE OFFSET - The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centerline.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Looks like you should be fine with 4.5 inch BS, but 4.75 might be better
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by 02wranglersport
            i am running a 2 inch spacer with ruby springs on my 04 wrangler se with 285/75/16 on stock rubicon wheels and only get minor rubbing when turning real hard, have been told that these tires are the same as 32's but i dont know they look big on my jeep and is what i like. hope my responce helps you with a decision.
            285/75r16 = 33x11.2

Comment

Working...
            X