Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onboard Air - ARB

I just got done installing my ARB air compressor and all the switches (Was not as hard as I thought). My next phase in the project is to install an air tank.

I have a kilby low profile (6" x 23") 2.5 gallon tank. I was thinking of installing it near the transmission on the underside of the jeep but on second thought decided it was too vulnerable to rocks. My next options is to put it in the insta-trunk but then have to relocate my sub-woofer tube.

Any thoughts, suggestions?
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

If you expect to air up tires with your arb, you are making a big mistake. You will burn it up really fast.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
      If you expect to air up tires with your arb, you are making a big mistake. You will burn it up really fast.
      i have to agree with al on this one... you'll hate it.
      do the york, or convert your a/c, or get a viair compressor or the like for your tires. i prefer the york, and al runs a converted a/c pump for air.
      it will take all day to fill your tires with that poor little arb pump, and it will die much quicker than you will like.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I have several friends who have been using ARB compressors to air up for years with no trouble. Well, no trouble other than the time involved. It is a slow process. Those who have been doing it successfully do not have the compressor in the engine compartment, and generally only air up their own tires (not the rest of the groups).
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I appericate all the warning on the ARB but it is what I have now. Any thoughts on where the air tank should go?
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

here are 2 mounting positions. mine is mounted like the second pic.
            ERIK

Comment

You can air up tires of the ARB compressor, but you should leave it with it's built in tank. Adding that big of an airtank will make that little compressor run for a very long time to get up to 90PSI. Save the tank for when you get a York or other high capacity compressor.

When you get that other compressor, throw that tank in front of the fuel tank, or directly behind the x-fer case.

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341

That is where I mounted mine.
                1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

As always, the help here is great. I will shelf the air tank until I can afford a York or the ARB burns out I wish I would have done a little more research on this before buying the ARB
                  Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                    As always, the help here is great. I will shelf the air tank until I can afford a York or the ARB burns out I wish I would have done a little more research on this before buying the ARB
                    the arb is a great compressor... it is always good to have a secondary compressor to run your lockers. i use a york for all of my air needs, which has been great, but will get a small compressor like an arb for bach up.
                    it is good to use one for lockers, and the york for tires/tools.
                    you can get a york in your jeep for $150 or so if you have some time, and welding skills.
                    ERIK

Comment

I am welding impaired I checked the prices on onboardair.com and there mounting brake is reasonablely (web browsers need spellcheck) priced. I just have a lot more stuff on the wish list before another comprosser.
                      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

i did the york 210 oba set up and ran a regulator at 90psi for the arb in the front. works like a champ.
                        1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

put it on the passanger side fender in the back, its fits nice, and is in a pratical location, doesnt take up that much room
                          ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                          |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
                          ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
                          Locked and Ready

Comment

I can get you a deal on Extreme Outback compressors. Then you dont have to weld, just drill!
                            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

ill sell you a spare york 210 for 35 bucks plus the cost of shipping. its already painted black and has the oil reservoir plugged up. that should get you started. email me at kevin4332@verizon.net
                              1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
                              X