Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ: Fuel line quick disconnect hose sections

I'm having a hard time locating some replacement hose sections (couplings) that go from the front of the hard fuel line up to the fuel rail. They are located on the inboard side of the frame just above the driver's side frame bracket for the leaf spring. I found mine have a consistency resembling lutefisk - although they may taste better...
    I have seen a few threads about just using fuel line and hose clamps. It's an option, but I'd kinda like OEM style parts right next to the header collector when it comes to pressurized fuel.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

[COLOR="#800000"]Chris and I used some braided line and connections from Summit. I'll take pictures and try to get part numbers from him this evening if you're interested. The header hasn't been a problem at all.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Got it figured out. I cut the hose & released the QD's by hand. I used a carbide bit on a dremel instead of a cutting disc to avoid sparks while cutting off the ferrule. I was able to re-use the original QD ends. FWIW, it is 5/16" hose on both tubes. To remove the upper sections from the fixed hard line I used a half-round file to basically saw a notch in the upper ferrule to get it to release. I used some crimp style hose clamps - two per end.
      God forgives, rocks don't
      -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
      X