Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yj to a tj dash

Has anyone ever heard of swapping in a tj dash into a yj? Just wondering if i can get away from the floor vents for the heater and ac and go with a tj dash that looks better as well. Its my wifes dd and she doesnt think the yj setup works as well as the tj does

[COLOR="#800000"]I've never heard of doing this...will be watching with anticipation.
    My guess would be difficulty with connectors for wiring of gauges, also wouldn't you have to swap out the steering column?
    This should be a fun project![/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

To paraphrase a post from another forum, part of the charm of a YJ is being the person dressed like an Eskimo wearing flip-flops.
      Worst case you could duct out 1/2 of the foot burners and route them in tubing up to the bottom of the dash.
      God forgives, rocks don't
      -sons of thunder

Comment

i havent done any research on this yet. im thinking if i can find some info on it it would be nice. my wife loves her yj and would stab me in the face if i tried to get rid of it. but there are a few preferences thatnshe would like. the heater blows bitchen and works like a charm but the ac leaves alot to be desired. especially with a soft top. it seems like the cold air gets out before it even hits you. the guages i dont think would be that big of a problem to wire up and make function. personally i like the yj dash look that has the old school feel to it. but riding in a tj compared to one is just overall more comfortable. i might even look into and try to do some type of hybrid dash that uses the yj stuff such as guages but the venting of the tj.

Comment

I don't think it will work...
          I could be wrong but heres what I do know
          I once swapped a 2002 TJ body on to a 2000 TJ frame and the HVAC system was different in just those years. I ended up having to cut a big hole for the heater blower in the firewall to make it all work. I would think that the HVAC air plenum and the heater core are going to be different. the heater core hard aluminum lines will go to different places and there's no chance of getting AC.
          there is an upgrade for the blower motor on the YJ, but that just makes your feet even hotter. installing heated seats would be easier I think....
          It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Maybe ill look into it more when thetime comes.

Comment

Working...
            X