Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

I would like to install a 4.3l in a cj2a. but I need help on how its done. what kind of parts to use. like what can I keep and what I don't need. its going to be a highway jeep. thanks for any info.

Originally posted by metal head View Post
    I would like to install a 4.3l in a cj2a. but I need help on how its done. what kind of parts to use. like what can I keep and what I don't need. its going to be a highway jeep. thanks for any info.
    I have built a daily driver CJ2a myself. Engine choice aside, I can suggest several things that will help out.

Cut the wheel wells, and move the seats back. Suspension seats will be best here.

Radial tires. Get rid of the old bias ply tires, they are hard as rock.

As for your engine type, the 4.3 install is a very common install for the old CJs, search around and you'll find good info specific to that engine. I didn't go that route, I went with a small turbo diesel, so mine is a bit off the wall.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I have a 4.3 vortec in my CJ. Here is a good place to start some research.

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge...mall-block-v6/
      Check out .

Comment

I'd listen to these two. Both have awesome rigs.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

Working...
          X