Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have 35" tire I can borrow for mockup?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ: Anyone have 35" tire I can borrow for mockup?

I'm looking for a 35x10.5x15 on a 5x5.5 bolt pattern wheel that I can use for mocking up my willys. I'm debating if I want to go up to 35" tires, I'd like to find a tire that I can use to check and see roughly how much I'm going to need to cut on the fenders (rear fender mostly)

Anyone have that size laying around (or your spare that you don't need for a weekend?)

If I can't find anything, I'll try and make a cardboard mockup.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

I have a spare tire that's not on a rim you can use for as long as you like.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
      I'm looking for a 35x10.5x15 on a 5x5.5 bolt pattern wheel that I can use for mocking up my willys. I'm debating if I want to go up to 35" tires, I'd like to find a tire that I can use to check and see roughly how much I'm going to need to cut on the fenders (rear fender mostly)

Anyone have that size laying around (or your spare that you don't need for a weekend?)

If I can't find anything, I'll try and make a cardboard mockup.
      [COLOR="#800000"]Kurt has one that came off my old CJ5 on a rim that is 5x5.5

You can use it for as long as you want. It will be some time before I'm ready to use it again.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Awesome!

Jason, Nick, are those tires 10.5 wide? or 12.5? I suppose it probably doesn't matter TOO much, but I'll be running 10.5" wide most likely.

I could take the tire with no wheel, I have a spare wheel that I could mount it to temporarily. Actually that might be better, since I know it would be the same back spacing.
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Doh! I read right over the part where you stated 10.5. It's a 12.5. I need to stop reading this forum from my IPad. This guys old eyes don't see too well at night anymore especially on that little screen.

Comment

Hah! I probably should have put the rest of the tire size in the title.

I don't know if I could fit a 12.5" tire on a 6" wheel.

Nick, is yours 10.5, or 12.5?

Comment

It can fit and may even pull the sidewalls in close enough to resemble what you're after. It may be a bit tough to squeeze it on there if you're not using a machine.
              God forgives, rocks don't
              -sons of thunder

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]12.5 I'm pretty sure. I didn't see that either. Oops![/COLOR]
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                X