Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any decent 4x4 shops in SoCal

I'm sure there are a few around here but some are better than others!

I have a leak between my tranny and atlas that needs to get fixed and there's no way I can do this in my driveway (apartment living). I'm already getting complaints from my neighbors because my axle leaked a little grease and now there's a spot in the driveway. (I did clean it up with some absorbent but it still left a spot).

any mechanic can do this pretty quickly. I just changed the rear seal in the AX15 of my daughters TJ last week. Took me about an hour in the garage. Probably take most folks that aren't using air tools and haven't pulled a lot of transfer cases out a couple hours.
    Id figure 1.5-2 hours shop time and $8 for the seal.
    I was just mad to have to do it because I changed the clutch last month and it wasn't leaking.. must have hit the seal mounting the tcase back up.
    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Brothers 4x4 in Montclair have done most of the work on my Jeep.....prices seem fair and they have always done a great job.

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]All 4 Wheel in Corona does great work as well.

21765 Temescal Canyon Rd Corona, CA 92883
        (951) 277-1037[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I do my own work but do know of 2.
          http://www.jeepsrus.com/
          http://tandjperformance.com
          Check out .

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, but a jeeper on here has offered to give me hand.

Comment

Frank at South Bay Truck, is great, Been using him for years, and he's not to far from you. Inglewood Ave & Rosecrans. 4621 W. Rosecrans Ave, Hawthorne 90250 310 219-0727
              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                Frank at South Bay Truck, is great, Been using him for years, and he's not to far from you. Inglewood Ave & Rosecrans. 4621 W. Rosecrans Ave, Hawthorne 90250 310 219-0727
                That's just down the road.

Comment

I've found that liquid laundry detergent (the cheaper the better) directly on an oil spot for a few hours, then scrubbed with a stiff brush and sprayed with a hose cleans them pretty well.
                  God forgives, rocks don't
                  -sons of thunder

Comment

Kitty litter does the job for oil then Simple Green.

Comment

Working...
                    X