Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Hydraulic Fluid should I use?

I have a PSE Full Hydraulic Steering and wondering what is the best fluid to use..... can I use regular Power Steering fluid or do I need to use the hydraulic fluid?

Power steering fluid. I'm running a PSC hydro assist and I'm using Royal Purple power steering fluid.
    Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
      Power steering fluid. I'm running a PSC hydro assist and I'm using Royal Purple power steering fluid.
      Yea I heard that is about the best on the market, also works with full hydro.......so that's what Im using as well.

Comment

If you talk to the guy that builds the pumps at KRC Power they do not recommend using Royal Purple. He claims to have done test in his shop on different types of fluids and he says that Royal Purple ran hotter than all of them and the biggest issue was that it took the longest to cool back down. They recommend clear high temp fluid for all of their pumps.

He could be crazy, but since I'm using a KRC pump I followed his recommendation and have not had any issues yet.

Forgot to mention I'm running this with full hydro.

Comment

I know Howe (my pump) recommends the fluid on their web site or the GM synthetic. I run Royal Purple and should probably change. I have a large reservoir and a cooler with a fan.I think it is a bigger issue for the race guys. I will probably forget.
          Rich

Comment

I am running Prestone PSF, in my full hydro set up. No issues.
            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Drained my old fluid and replaced it with Royal purple. I would say I'm pretty impress with the smoothness and the lightness of the steering wheel after filling it up.

Comment

I used royal purple on the full hydro kit i just installed
                [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                X