Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical steering question

I have a chance to buy a jeep, and I need to keep it street legal. At the current time it has no smog and has Full Hydraulic steering.... I would need to get it California smog certified and downgrade to Power Assist steering. How much would a shop cost to do the work, is it worth it or should I look for something else? Is it a huge job?
    thanks for any advise.

Converting to hydro assist shouldn't be hard at all. Depending on the current set up I think you could just add a tie rod and new ram for assist. Check out PSC's technical section. They have some good info. You could also call them they have been very helpful for me. All that said. I've seen several Jeeps running full hydro on the street.
    Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
      Converting to hydro assist shouldn't be hard at all. Depending on the current set up I think you could just add a tie rod and new ram for assist. Check out PSC's technical section. They have some good info. You could also call them they have been very helpful for me. All that said. I've seen several Jeeps running full hydro on the street.
      Alright dirtman, that's what I wanted to hear since im really liking the Jeep...hopefully it hasn't sold.

Comment

Working...
      X