Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear view mirror

After almost 20 years stuck to the windshield the rear view mirror decided to fall off. Can someone recommend a good adhesive to get it back on and stay on? I've heard horror stories that once the thing falls off, good luck getting it to stay back on. Maybe I'll just glue a computer hard drive magnet to the back of the mirror and stick that to the windshield frame.

Just pick up some of the mirror adhesive from your local auto parts. It works just fine.
    Check out .

Comment

If you can't get some from the auto parts store. Lowes or HD will have some super strong adhesives that will work on glass.
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Gel superglue. Make sure to clean the old adhesive off metal tab with 400 grit and clean the glass with a razor and alcohol - preferably denatured. Just a dot on the tab will work. Just be sure it's exactly where you want it. A few sharpie dots around where you want it will give you a good target and you can wipe them off with alcohol.
        God forgives, rocks don't
        -sons of thunder

Comment

Auto parts store stuff worked for me.
          "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Ive glued lots of them back on at the shop. Just go to auto parts store and get mirror glue. You could leave it off and gain a bit more vision also. I haven't had a rear view mirror in my jeep since Ive owned it.

Scott
            Come to the dark side.....
            We have Cookies!

Comment

I used Gorilla Glue gel. So far it's solid. Of course where I thought it was perfect it's not. It seems a little low but it's on.
              Scott, I have to have the mirror. It feels very weird not having it there. Plus how can I see johnny law coming up behind me?

Comment

i hope the gorilla glue holds. Ive scraped enough of other adhesives off of windshields to make mirror mounts stick. i was told a long time ago not to use anything but special mirror adhesive. haven't tried anything other than. Ive done more than i can count and never had one come off, cant say the same for my customers though.

Scott
                Come to the dark side.....
                We have Cookies!

Comment

Working...
                X