Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 inch Tires over kill?

Im thinking about buying another jeep, currently it has 47" tires on it. Is that to big? I mainly run the rubicon three to four times a year. Any thoughts?

For me that's more than I need. Having 37's and 40's have been plenty for me.
    Check out .

Comment

You can run the Rubicon on 30" tires lol. 47" tires would make it a run on the freeway without traffic

Comment

Yea I've ran the Con on 33's and 35's no problem, but I've also seen rigs with as big as 54's. Personally Id like to have 40's or 42's but this on comes with 47's and it not street legal so it would most likely take forever o wear out so Im stuck with them unless I want to spend more money to down size.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

DANG, Wonder how much those tires are worth?

I think more of the components on that vehicle are mounted outside of the body, than underneith it
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
            DANG, Wonder how much those tires are worth?

I think more of the components on that vehicle are mounted outside of the body, than underneith it
            It's running a 383 with 2.5 ton Rockwells front and rear.

Comment

That's a pretty gnarly machine. I bet it would just walk over the rubicon, eh?
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

That's a sweet looking machine right there!

Comment

That thing needs 47's. With that rig I'd keep them.
                  Check out .

Comment

I haven't bought it yet, I'm thinking its to big of a rig.....wheel base is 98" w and 125" long.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                      For me that's more than I need. Having 37's and 40's have been plenty for me.
                      I bet if we look hard enough we can find a post saying 35's and 37's were plenty... it's only a matter of time before you want 47" tires.
                      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                        I bet if we look hard enough we can find a post saying 35's and 37's were plenty... it's only a matter of time before you want 47" tires.
                        Oh no!! I like driving to the trail. Plus then we're doing Rockwell's.
                        Check out .

Comment

Is it a good deal? The rig looks awesome. Is it worth the price?
                          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Is it a good deal? The rig looks awesome. Is it worth the price?
                            $14,000 with new 600 hp engine, no leaks any where, is just a bigger rig than I think I need.

Comment

Working...
                            X