Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: clicking noise from steering shaft U joint

While I was tightening my track bar bolt, I had a neighbor turn the wheel left and right while I checked for anything else loose. I noticed a clicking sound coming from one of the steering rod joints. There doesn't seem to be any abnormal play in the steering wheel, but I wonder if this clicking sound is normal? It's loud on the video, it's not quite as loud in person.

It appears to be coming from the pin in the lower part of the joint, and there may be a slight bit of play in the pin when the wheel is being turned back and forth.

Is this normal? If not, is it something urgent that I need to jump on and replace quickly? or is it something that I can take my time with?

[COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

The steering coupling is worn out. As you can see the busing inside the coupling is worn out.

Comment

I've got a complete new steering to go from the column to the box, just haven't had time to put it in there. Yea, I noticed that there was some movement in there as well.
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
      X