Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering Pump Pullys

If you switch from a 4.25" dia. pulley. To a 4.5" pulley. Does the bigger pulley increase the pressure, and/or flow rate of the pump?
    It was like that when I got here.

It only slows down the pump relative to the engine RPM. The pump itself does not physically change. You may notice a bit more effort needed to turn the wheels at lower RPM, but you may notice a bit less load on the engine and slightly more available torque. Search underdrive pulleys. Street/strip guys have been doing it for a long time.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
      If you switch from a 4.25" dia. pulley. To a 4.5" pulley. Does the bigger pulley increase the pressure, and/or flow rate of the pump?
      nope buy the 4" pulley , or drill the hole in the pressure fitting of the pump larger/ do not go bigger than 5/32"On my buggy I ditched the stock pump, used Jeep pump with a drilled out fitting and a larger intake fitting made it steer adequate.On the plus side if it doesn.t work I can bolt a PSC pump in it's place without modification. What do you use as a pump?GM pump with a drilled fitting should work for ya

Comment

I have a TC style pump now, thats been mod'd by Performance Offroad Steering. Based on what you 2 have said, looks like I need a smaller pulley. My issue, is that it can be a bit tough to turn, at low RPM. I'll see if I can find a 4' pulley.
        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

PSC sells a 4" pulley, is what I bought for my buggy

Comment

Working...
          X