Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Code P0051

It seems I always come to you guys when my Jeep is giving me trouble. Let me lay on my couch and tell you my problem. Driving the Jeep today, the engine light came on......plugged in my Code Reader and .....P0051 "HO2S Bank 2 Sensor 1 Heater Curcuit Low"... My question, "what is it and where can I find it"? Any information would be helpful, Thanks.

I'm on my cell, so I don't have the link. But there is a site that explains codes, and suggests possible fixes. It's a good place to start. Good luck
    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

WEll you have 2 O2 sensors before the cat and 2 after. One of the O2 sensors before the cat is either bad, or there is no power to the O2 sensorheater. Most likely its the sensor that is in the exhaust part that hooks to the rear 3 cylinders (bank2)

Comment

That's a great start...thanks...just took a look at the sensors you're talking about, easy to get to.....special tools required?

Comment

Not really.

Comment

Just to fill u all in... Ended up changing the rear lower 02 censor only to have the engine light come back on. It was time for the guys at Brothers 4x4 to take a look. Always treated great over there.....they informed me the bank 2 cat is bad, and recommended we change all 3. That was an easy decision. Cost me a couple of bucks, what a difference it made. Not only has the engine light stayed OFF, but the Jeep is running great with a little more Getty up! Brothers cut open the bad cat so I could take a look at the inside, I'm no expert, that was a plugged up mess. Glad that fix is behind me, and all is running like she's suppose to!

Comment

Working...
            X