Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA dmv question regarding non op registration

Like many of you guys either past or present my jeep is in the garage on jack stands. It's been like that for a few years and I continue to pay the regular registration every year hoping that I'll get it done this year. But it never happens lol. And it's for sure not happening this year because we're expecting our first baby next month. My question for you guys because I know someones done it, if I pay the non op registration and once I'm done with my Jeep do I have to go through a state inspection or anything different when I want the regular registration?

First, congratulations! Non-op is the best money you can spend on a project. When you are ready to drive it, you have to contact DMV to get a moving permit to drive it on the street. IIRC it's valid for three days or so. Then drive it down to smog. Get the certificate and go to DMV to get the new tags. Since the vehicle was non-op all they care about is that it wasn't driven. They don't know what you've been doing. Mine actually just sat. They never even asked.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Thanks Ted. I was worried that I was going to get crap for all the stuff we do to our jeeps

Comment

You will also need provide proof of insurance at DMV for the reg.
        LG
        Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Thats no problem i was worried about an inspection

Comment

Other than SMOG, that's it.
            Good luck,
            LG
            Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Working...
            X