Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The repair seems consistent with the codes. Glad to hear it was a cheap fix. Of course the best way to see if it's truly good is to take it way out in the boonies without phone reception. If it's gonna die anywhere it'll do it there. If it makes it there and back, you're good to go!
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Still if the A/F meter (If its a true wideband) should never be under 12.5ish for extended times, with 13-14.5ish common. If you dont have a true wideband, then get one and monitor it. A lean stroker will be a hot stroker and at some point a dead stroker...
      *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

I have an A/F gauge. It doesn't have numbers but colors... red= lean, yellow=ideal, green=rich it normally runs in the yellow green range when I have a constant/consistent throttle on the highway. The gauge did show red every time there was a misfire in the past even if it was just for a fraction of a second.

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
          I have an A/F gauge. It doesn't have numbers but colors... red= lean, yellow=ideal, green=rich it normally runs in the yellow green range when I have a constant/consistent throttle on the highway. The gauge did show red every time there was a misfire in the past even if it was just for a fraction of a second.
          well fyi that's just a light show. Very inconsistent and not very accurate. Do a search for wide band gauge. That is what u need.
          *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

Misfiring could also be cause of fuel starvation due to busted fuel regulator or pump. Also check your wire and plug for some damages.

Comment

If you can remove the plugs and post some pics of it, let us see how the engine is doing.

Comment

I had one of those lighted a/f gauges on my 1991 500+hp supercharged chevy truck. It will work but definatly not as good as a wide ban sensor which I also used to tune a pair of 1100hp 572 blown boat motors I built for a buddy. Thing is unless your accelerating or under wide open throttle the computers going to try and keep your engine running as close to 14.7:1 as it can. Under acceleration or wide open throttle it should be running -12:1 ratio. Now understand its a o2 sensor and picks up oxygen in the exaust so if you have a miss fire it will pick this up and show a lean condition because of the unburnt extra fuel and air being pumped into the exaust. They work great if your engine runs good but you have a miss it's going to cunfuse more than help. On my truck as long as the guage had green lights showing at wide open throttle I was good to go. As long as you showing green lights at wot you should be ok but if it shows yellow at wot you have have fuel issues.

Comment

Working...
                X