Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• york ac pulley modifying double v belt

putting together my oba for the yj. The york came with s double v belt pulley and need to run a serpentine pulley for my sbc. I gave it to a buddy to cut the center down to run a serpentine. He ends cutting all the walls off at first!

Take a look.

So then when I told him he was supposed to leave walls on edge he came up with this. What do you guys think?
    YJ Stock
    BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

You guys think this will work?
    YJ Stock
    BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

Go to the junkyard or Ebay and find a pulley of an older Volvo car, they used a serpentine belt on their york compressors. Damned things are pricey new. What YJ are you building now? same one or bought/ traded another one?

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
        Go to the junkyard or Ebay and find a pulley of an older Volvo car, they used a serpentine belt on their york compressors. Damned things are pricey new. What YJ are you building now? same one or bought/ traded another one?
        I went and couldn't find one. I couldn't even find a york compresser at the junkyard. My dad had this one under an e350 van he has sitting non open. Last place I expected to find it! But yes they're expensive the serpentine. I couldn't find anything on eBay for fair price. I might just run this one and carry a spare belt. Or just cough up the dough for a new one. But still need a spare tire carrier and other things that I wanna put on this rig I picked up. Dont have much funds at the moment. But check it out. Sold the other one and picked this up. D60-D44 Arb's, 305 sbc smog legal, d300 and other small goodies.

YJ Stock
        BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

YJ Stock
          BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

Sweet Jeep bud. Problem is that without the grooves in the pulley the change for the belt slipping is pretty high

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              Sweet Jeep bud. Problem is that without the grooves in the pulley the change for the belt slipping is pretty high
              Thanks. If I get a chance to make another run to junkyard ill try grab one. But I might try this as i read many guys on pirate running a smooth pulley no problem. And mine still has some of a grip. Not polished smooth.
              YJ Stock
              BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

I had started putting together a York setup for mine. After some research I believe this was the clutch to use, I can't remember for sure though.

http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/ry...oductDetail.do

Pirate has a ton of info on this stuff, I'm just going from memory here.

Comment

Working...
                X