Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Rear seat belts

Today I put Bed liner in the rear tub of the jeep today. I ran into a bit of a problem with the rear seat belts, one of them retracted the belt all the way in. Now it won't let the seat belt pull back out! Anybody know how to get the re-tractor thing to let me pull the seat belt back out?

Thanks!
    That's a BIG rock!

Do you have the belt installed in the cage yet?

If not, you need to hold it 90 degrees to the ground, straight up. Also, try banging in on the ground a few times, dust can get in there.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Hold it straight up and keep tugging at the belt. Easiest way to avoid this is before you take the belt odff, you pull it out a bit and tie a knot in it so it cannot retract. Saves a lot of hassle

Comment

I finally got a hf 170A mig. My stainless header celebrated by snapping in half at the 2 into 1 collector above the donut flange. Has anybody used stainless flux core mig wire? All I can find is that it works great and nobody makes it. It's flux core but requires tri-mix. Just a lot confusing. Would there be any drawback to just using regular flux core? I plan on fish plating it with some stainless sheet to provide a little more beef for the weld to hold together.
        reba

Comment

Got it... banging on it helped! Thanks
          That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Working...
          X