Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airgas policy changes?

So, I went down to the local AirGas branch to get a new bottle of Argon because I want both a mixed bottle, and a straight argon bottle. It's the same place that I originally got my bottle of Co2/Argon mix 2 years ago and have been swapping it out for a fresh bottle when ever it's empty.

Well, they told me that they are under new management and have changed some of their policies, and they can only exchange bottles if I bring them an empty one, they can't give me a new bottle unless I sign up for a monthly rental of the bottle. That's BS isn't it? I don't want my mixed bottle to have only argon, I want two bottles. I never had to pay a monthly fee for my mixed bottle, I just purchased the bottle upfront ($200 or whatever it was), and then when ever I need it replenished, I just bring them the empty one and they give me a new one that is already filled up and pay about $35. Doesn't matter if it's been a week or a year.

So, I asked them if I could purchase a bottle like I did originally, and they said yes, but it will be MY bottle, I can't exchange it. (or at least that's what it seemed like he was saying?). That doesn't make sense. They said they will exchange my old bottle, but they won't give me a new bottle and start exchanging it without setting up an account and having monthly fees??

Did AirGas change their policies everywhere? Or is my local branch just don't something different now? I don't want a rental, and I don't want to have to wait for them to fill up my bottle.

So, where might I be able to purchase a bottle and have airgas exchange it when ever it's empty? Or do they just not do that anymore without a rental fee every month?
    Last edited by daniel_buck; 01-07-14, 03:05 PM.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

I'm confused. Not a big fan of Airgas anyway. I've dealt with some real schmucks in there. Try Cameron Welding Supply. I've had good dealings with their Murrieta store. If you have time, you might also look at CL for used bottles. Why buy a new one just to have them swap it out for some ol' POS with a worn-out valve? Just make sure it has the right valve on it or that it's still a good deal if you have to pay $30 for a new one.

http://www.cameronwelding.com/locations.php
    holes = cowbell

Comment

I guess I just need to find a bottle that doesn't have a company name on it? I'd like to continue to get the gas locally, it's literally only 2 miles from my house.

I'll see if I can find a bottle locally on CL
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

Ok, I went back there and talked with someone different, and I guess I must have confused myself, it doesn't seem like there is any policy change, they will just swap any tank, no need for the monthly sign up thing.

Comment

Working...
        X