Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always come to u guys for help........

The engine warning light came on this weekend. Had The local Mechanic plug in to give me the computer diagnostic and it came up P-0432???? I was told that is "Main Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold - Bank 2"????? Can anyone give me an idea of my next move. Thanks ahead of time.

If I'm not mistaken TJ's have an O2 sensor before and after the cat. If they are the same part, swap them and see if you get the fault for bank 1.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Sounds like an new O2 sensor or cat are in your future. 6spdYJ is correct about the two sensors.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

I see u live in Fullerton, I have a code reader if u need to clear a code after you try the above mentioned procedure and/if the check engine light comes on again. Just an option if the mechanic is charging u for the diagnosis. I live near orangethrope and brookhurst.

Comment

Ron,

Check out this website. Good detail and suggested solutions:
          http://www.obd-codes.com/p0432
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

You can borrow Ryan's code reader, but in the long run, if you are going to own a TJ, you should buy one. For less than $20- you can get a basic one that gives you the codes; then use the site Mike gave you to determine what they really mean. Here's the reader that's always in my jeep: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Thanks all of you! Had know idea the Code Readers were so affordable....I bought one (thanks CVD). Ill try swapping the seniors around this week end...if that doesn't work looks like a new Cat will be needed.

Comment

Thought u guys should here this....got under my jeep today to check the 2-02 sensors...as I was checking both sets of sensors I noticed (1) of the bolts just above the Cat Converter was missing.. Ran to the jeep dealer to pick up the missing Bolt, replaced it and the engine light goes OUT!! Thanks Again for all your help.

Comment

Working...
                X