Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CO2 Tank Recertification – Inland Empire?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 Tank Recertification – Inland Empire?

I just noticed the cert date is past the 5 year mark (actually the shop did when I went in for a refill). The shop (California Tool & Welding) pointed me to Cody Cylinder Services in Riverside, who will do it for $30-, and they take up to a week. Does anyone know of other options for the recert?

Most any welding supply shop will send it out for you. Turnaround always seems to be a week or two. You should be able to get it done cheaper for $20 or less.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

That is why I've always just swapped tanks. I realize that if you have a Power Tank or other pretty tank the idea does not sit well but that is how I stay up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
        That is why I've always just swapped tanks. I realize that if you have a Power Tank or other pretty tank the idea does not sit well but that is how I stay up to date.
        Did the same when I had one.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Where have you guys been doing the exchange and how much do they charge?

The only places I’ve found locally that do exchanges are AirGas and Praxair. The charge $34- and $24- respectively, for a 10 lb tank. I’ve been getting my tank refilled at Calif. Tool and Welding Supply for $12 to $14-. I’d rather not pay for a recert every 5 years, but that price difference is too much (I get the tank refilled once or twice a year).

Comment

When I did mine, I did own the tank but they did the exchange to make it cheeper. I would use a tank every other week,.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Cameron Welding Supply in Murrieta has done right by me.
              holes = cowbell

Comment

In case anyone is interested, I went ahead with the recert from Cody Cylinder in Riverside. This allowed me to keep my tank and get cheaper refills. Just refilled it (10 lbs) at California Tool and Welding Supply in Riverside - $11.88 (which included tax and haz mat fees).

This was less than half the price of AirGas or Praxair, which are the local places that do cylinder exchanges.

Comment

Good to know, thanks.
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                  X