Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Phase Build

I am planning the next and final suspension and axle build for the Jeep. It will have 114" wheel base with an 84" track width. Fox 2.5 coilovers and 2.5 Bipass on all 4 corners. Control arm mount for the suspension in the rear. Rear suspension will tie into the new custom 8 point cage. The front frame will be cut and modified, the rear frame will be cut and tucked in. The front suspension will be 4 link. For axles I am going with Spider trax front and rear. 14" rotors with 6 piston on the front and four piston calipers on the rear. Custom front bumper with winch mount, front fenders, sliders will all tie together and be welded to the frame. I will be running 42x13.5x17 Maxxis Creepy Crawlers. Speedline rims. Custom 24 gallon aluminum full cell. Atlas 2 speed. Front and rear anti rock style sway bars. Full 2.5 hydro race ram. 5:40 gearing. Front 2 piece drive shaft. Trans cross member. Aluminum dual pass radiator. New header back exhaust, Custom Spare tire carrier. Air bumps. Aluminum roof. New custom aluminum inner front finders.

Then in a year or 2 I will do a LS motor swap.

This is basically a KOH style pre runner! Good for some speed in the desert and some good climbing ability!

Win the lottery Jeff. Looks like it's gonna be trailered?

Comment

No we didn't win the lottery! I will still drive it on the street a little bit. Once it gets started it will probably be down for about 6 months. If everything works out it will be started in October.

Comment

Full hydro takes quite a bit of getting used to Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          Full hydro takes quite a bit of getting used to Jeff

I'm 47 and hope to make to 79 so I got plenty of time! I have seen some of the guys with full hydro! I think I'll be ok! Hahaha....

Comment

it's sorta drivable on the highway, but takes getting used too, ask Fred, he can enlighten you

Comment

When did her go full hydro?

Comment

When he stretched it to 111" , he has been tinkering with the alignnment and steering since. Works great at low speed, gets twitchy at high speed and any full hydro has a steering wheel that continually creeps, takes getting used too.
                Other than that it's going to be a totally bitching built

Comment

Working...
                X