Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB air release

I was wondering after a day of wheeling and shutting the switches off to the ARB compressor and diffs... is it ok to drive one the highway having 60 or 70 pounds of air left in the lines, didn't know if there should be some kind of valve to release the remaining air, or it was ok to drive.

When you turn off your switch the air should be released. If it isn't chances are your driving locked.
    Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
      When you turn off your switch the air should be released. If it isn't chances are your driving locked.
      Oh poop... does ARB make a release, and where do ppl usually mount it?

thanks for your feedback

Comment

The air releases out of the solenoid. There is a small screen on the top. I found this picture that should help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Solenoid Exhaust Port.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	358301
        Check out .

Comment

Awesome.... I have two of these, I wonder why so much pressure is staying in the tank, at least I can work with these and hopefully not have to buy something.

Comment

You may have got something in the line. That screen can be removed and cleaned.
            Check out .

Comment

The valve shown above only release the air between the the valve and the locker so that is why the rest of your air system is still charged with air...that is if your running one of these and the ARB switch..?
              WOKNROX!
              Let's go wheelin!

Comment

I think your question is - is it ok to have the compressor take full - it is. When you shut the locker switch off the air bleeds out of the line that activates the locker in the diff.

The tank can stay full or it will sometimes drain it there is any leak in the line. My compressor doesn't even cycle after a week or two sitting in the garage, but as soon as I push the locker switch it will come on and fill the tank and activate the locker.

You should be able to hear the air bleed off when you shut the locker switch off - if the locker disengages you should be good for all driving.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                  I think your question is - is it ok to have the compressor take full - it is. When you shut the locker switch off the air bleeds out of the line that activates the locker in the diff.

The tank can stay full or it will sometimes drain it there is any leak in the line. My compressor doesn't even cycle after a week or two sitting in the garage, but as soon as I push the locker switch it will come on and fill the tank and activate the locker.

You should be able to hear the air bleed off when you shut the locker switch off - if the locker disengages you should be good for all driving.
                  What he said^^
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Ok this makes sense.... because I just unscrewed the two little exhaust ports and my gauge still showed 70 pounds. So I'm assuming that the tank is holding the air and not the air lines to the lockers. When I turn on the locker switch the compressor goes on and fills the tank to 90 psi.
                    thanks for all the help, this is the best 4x4 site on the internet!

Comment

Working...
                    X