Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Sh!t Water Proofing

This is freaking awesome!! I'm going to Home Depot and buying a crap ton of this stuff. Guess what I'm doing this weekend....

http://gizmodo.com/you-can-finally-b...oofs-563613333
    USMC F&AM

Looks like nifty stuff.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

I've gotta wonder what the long term effects of exposure to that stuff is, wonder what's in it? I'd like to spray the inside of my jeep with that stuff, haha
      Last edited by daniel_buck; 06-24-13, 06:35 PM.
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
        I've gotta wonder what the long term effects of exposure to that stuff is, wonder what's in it?
        I was wondering the same thing. But that being said... Guess who's going to Home Depot and getting out a tent this weekend.... This guy! Saw this on Facebook, posted by another MJR member, and had to post it here for all to dream of what to waterproof now. I'm for sure doing the seats in the Jeep, screw ScotchGuard!
        USMC F&AM

Comment

the seats for sure, haha! And crap, do the windshield too, then you could get rid of the wipers
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Although it repels water, I understand that it ATTRACTS dust, so I would not put it on my windshield.
            If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
            KI6MLU

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Someone get some of this stuff and do a write-up on it. I would do it, but we all know I can barely read.[/COLOR]
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

All Silicone based products will leave a residue. That is what repels the water. So be sure you are willing to wipe all that dust off that Russ mentioned.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

This has also recently been discussed on another forum I frequent:
                  http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...finally-see-it

If you read through, "Donny M. Carter" has coated his work boots with it and done somewhat of a miniature review.
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Ya, I think after reading thru that post I'm going to start with my tent and see how it does. Then I'll maybe do some other stuff. I'll post pictures/video if I think about it.
                    USMC F&AM

Comment

Let me know how it works on the tent. See if you can weigh your tent before you coat it and then again after. My backpacking tent weighs in at 4 lbs. The area were I'm hiking south of the Grand Canyon loves thunderstorms. Rained on us every afternoon in to the evening last time and that was in late Sept. This time we are going mid July. I think it rains more. I don't know.
                      My cheap pup tent didn't leak but my hiking buddies fancy expensive one did.

Comment

Ya, you'll for sure get more rain at the falls this time of year, but it should be much warmer. I haven't gotten time to spray the tent yet but I think I should be able to weigh it before and after. I'll for sure post up my thoughts once I tinker around with this.
                        USMC F&AM

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                          All Silicone based products will leave a residue. That is what repels the water. So be sure you are willing to wipe all that dust off that Russ mentioned.
                          Umm Kurt, we all have Jeeps, we already deal with dust!!!!!!
                          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                          MJR moderator
                          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                          Jeep Patrol Leader
                          Reforestation Supervisor
                          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                          Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                          X