Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More rust....Worried...

I was spraying some rust eater on all my bolts to the suspension so when i do my lift next week it breaks free easier...well anyways, i noticed there is an excessive amt. of rust under the actual body of the jeep. I guess this didnt bother me enough when i first bought the jeep b/c it was supposed to only be my winter beater...but now its turning into another hobby, well anyways, i looked deeper into the rust issue and turns out there is a actual hole that i can fit my thumb in, about 4 inches from where the front of the rear leaf spring mounts...the actual frame of the jeep is solid, and this is the only place i was able to poke through w/ my finger...is this going to hurt the rigidity of the jeep off road, should i worry about patching up this hole? Thanks for any info........I hate rust!

If its rust, you dont want to patch the hole. You'll need to cut it out and weld in some new metal. Or get some of the POR-15 stuff to kill and coat it before it gets worse. Being a uni-body vehicle (where the frame and body are one piece) any modification (either by you or by rust) will hurt the structural integrity. Now, with that said, you're probably ok. Just fix it before it gets worse. I hate rust too!
    -Chris
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I'll try...where can i find that stuff to kill and coat it/?

Comment

Do a web search for "POR-15" it will come up with something.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
        X