Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tach signal might be the culprit also. Jonah had to switch to a hall effect sensor to get his injection to work properly

Comment

Yes, once I got off the HEI tach signal all of the random misbehaving went away. When you look at the HEI signal on an oscilloscope there are big spikes at each spark but there is also a ton of noise. I think it would occasionally read the signal incorrectly and freak out (that is the technical term for the day). It would be running just fine all day then, bam! it would lean out and die let it sit for a minute then back to normal. It also was most common when hot, as soon as the temp guage broke 210 it was start acting funny. Anyway, once I put on a crank position sensor (hall sensor) with a nice consistent signal it started working great.

I used this:http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/h...sor-p-479.html

They also have trigger wheels, but I made my own since I needed a four pulse per crank revolution signal which is probably what yours would need since you are running off the dizzy. You might be able to find one for your chevy, my buick has a less common crank pully bolt pattern.

Plus they have tons of info on how to get this stuff working.

Comment

if your module is having heat issues, make sure you have heat paste between it and the heat sink. If you've pulled it off a couple of times you may need to smear a little more on.
        Come to the dark side.....
        We have Cookies!

Comment

The ignition modules for the gm distributors come out of China these days and we have had a lot of trouble with them failing in very short order in our 4.3 engines

Comment

Been a busy day today. Rough night last night, up at 6am and feeding animals, going to therapy, bank then down the hill and paid the house off. Off to my brother to get the latest on how, ( had to think how to spell how ) my parents are doing. You know you're getting tired when you can't spell a three letter word. Then over to retirement home and spend time with my parents. Back home pickup feed , unload feed , then start all over again feeding and cleaning the pig pens. Hopefully I'll get a chance the next couple of days to work on the distributor, then maybe I can make the Gold Mountain run and see how she does. Thanks Jonah for the info. If changing the module and coil doesn't do it, I will look into this, Kevin.

Comment

hoowee, you sound busier than a one man band. Be careful driving around on little sleep! Hopefully the new module and coil will solve your issues. Hope to see you on Gold Mountain!

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
                hoowee, you sound busier than a one man band. Be careful driving around on little sleep! Hopefully the new module and coil will solve your issues. Hope to see you on Gold Mountain!
                Bring your hitch, I'll bring the tow bar, LOL, Kevin.

Comment

Been there, LOL!

Comment

Jonah, PM'd you, Kevin.

Comment

Working...
                    X