Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressor Pictures

Ok I thought this would be to complacated to explain so I'm posting a couple of pics in hope that I can explain better. I'm going to replace the red MV50 Compressor out for the new ARB Compressor. My question is: When looking at the second diagram will will notice a red plug in the top part (sitting ontop of the blue piece). Can I take the brase connector off the red compressor and screw it into where the red plug is on the new ARB and be good to go? (not counting the two power wires). The diagram that came with the ARB compressor is different then the way I'm setup now.
    thanks for any help....
    l

If I understand your question correctly the threads on the MV50 are metric and will not work on the ARB. If you need I can take a picture of my set up tonight.
    Check out .

Comment

Maybe there is an adapter that would work?
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I guess what is confusing me, is the diagram for set-up with the ARB compressor. The ARB manuel shows my solenoids attaching where the two little silver plugs are on diagram one of new one. I'm set-up a little different with the MV50 and was wondering if I had to use those two spots for the solenoid or if I could leave them alone and use the set-up I have now by just adding the little brass piece to the spot where the red plug is on diagram two?

Comment

That is correct. The solenoids go in those two spots where the silver plugs are. The red plug is where you put your quick disconnect for airing up your tires. That's how I set mine up.
          Check out .

Comment

Could I bypass those two spots where the solenoids go and use the set-up as it is now? or is that the only way I can set-up by using those silver plug areas?

Comment

As long as you have a pressure switch to cut the compressor off and an air outlet to your air tank you can plug the holes where ARB normally installs the air solenoids

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                As long as you have a pressure switch to cut the compressor off and an air outlet to your air tank you can plug the holes where ARB normally installs the air solenoids
                Ok great with that being said I think I can simplify things by just screwing the pressure switch into the area with the red plug and keep the solenoid holes plugged. Wish I had a guage on this one.

Comment

One more thing... where my pressure switch is I also have my air going right into my air tank is by using a "T", will that be ok to do the same with the ARB compressor?

Comment

Just out of curiosity... How does the MV with, I'm guessing a 1.5gal tank, do on airing up tires. I'm really wanting to run air tools from the Jeep, but am beginning to think I may just build a system similar to yours using my MV so I can at least air tires up a bit faster.
                    USMC F&AM

Comment

My MV50 took about 4-5 mins per tire when deflated down to 12 pounds and airing back up to 28 pounds. As soon as the air nozzle hit the first tire the pump would kick on and run continuously until approx 5 mins after the last tire was filled. I think what killed this compressor is because a friend needed me to air his tires up after I had just aired mine, so the compressor run none stop for about 40-45 mins. It was to much for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeper Creeper View Post
                        One more thing... where my pressure switch is I also have my air going right into my air tank is by using a "T", will that be ok to do the same with the ARB compressor?
                        As long as it senses pressure it will be ok

Comment

Working...
                        X