Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tires

Time for some new tires. Looking at the Maxxis- Trepador and Creepy Crawler. They also come in bias and radial. Anybody using them or heard anything about them?
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Shoulda jumped on Max's tires. New Mexico Dave loved his bias belted Maxis tires. For the sill stuff we like to do bias belted tires might be the better choice. Got to love tough sidewalls

Comment

So what do you think about the difference between the two? The bias are both comp tires
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

I forgot if Dave used creepycrawlers or trepadors. I think he had creepykrawlers and they were soft but street legal. It all depends on how many street miles you intend to run with it. Good ole MTR's aren't the worst choice either

Comment

The best thing I like about the Creepy Crawlers is I can get them in 37 x 15.

Comment

I've been interested in the Creepy Crawler - I like the tread on the sidewall. It looks like the Trepadors come in a radial version.

I think online tires had the CC's for $400+ - but I also saw them at 4 wheel parts for $325 - but that sale is over.
            Last edited by mkjeepers; 04-29-13, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I've been running MTR's for along time with no sidewall problems. But the balance thing is a real pain in the ass. I want to try something new since I don't see me driving the jeep on the road that much anymore.
              4wps had them today for 350.00 and if you work them I'm sure you can get a better deal.
              Last edited by curtis; 04-29-13, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Then Maxis bias belted 37" kreepycrawlers it is. Gettinmg your other front axle and a different steering setup will take care off all the death wobble crap. I have run 5 sets of different tires on my bigg put put and when it's up to speed downhill it has yet to show any vibration in the steering. Not a single tire on it has been balanced in anyway

Comment

I was going to go with the Trepador since the KM2's are such a pain in the @$$ to get. I did a lot of reading and was convinced that was my next tire. That was until a few places told me they were not in stock. Not wanting to go through that again I went with the MTR. Everyone had them. This is for my road tire so I need something that will last. I only got one for now so I can do some testing of this balancing issue I keep hearing about. If it becomes an issue I my take a second look at the Maxxis. If the KM2 wasn't so hard to replace that's what I would get. I love that tire.
                  Check out .

Comment

Well right now you can get 35" MTR's at under 200.00 apiece. So you can't beat that.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                      Well right now you can get 35" MTR's at under 200.00 apiece. So you can't beat that.
                      I haven't seen them at that price yet. Where are you shopping?
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

I went to The Tire Guy and they gave me a price of 232.00. And goodyear has a rebate going on of 160.00 with on interest for 6 months. He also said he would give me the same price as anyone online. So I said I will be back.

Comment

Since were on the subject of MTR's, how are your guys performing road wise? Mileage? Balancing?

Comment

Originally posted by Moabrubi View Post
                            Since were on the subject of MTR's, how are your guys performing road wise? Mileage? Balancing?
                            I like my 35's a lot. Work very well on the highway. So far very good on the rocks. I like them better on and off road than the previous model MTR.
                            Same with the 265/75/16's on the JK - if you run them in the proper rotation. I turned them around because the white side wall was worn so bad - they seem to be much noisier in reverse rotation.

Comment

Working...
                            X