Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB 12 Volt or 24 Volt?

I'm going to install a new ARB onboard air compressor. I'm looking at the CKMA24 or the CKMA12.... but I'm not sure what is the best way to go, any ideas?

I have the 12 volt variety and love it. I was surprised how quickly that little thing fills up tires. Much quicker then the MV50 I had before it. I have it mounted just in front of my battery under the hood. I added a quick disconnect for filling up my tires for after a run.
    Check out .

Comment

Thanks for the reply...... yes I've now owned two MV50's and both have crapped out on me. After a recent run I aired my tires up and then had to air a friends up. The pump run non stop for 40 mins and wasted it. Can I run the 24 volt in my rig? or does the 12 volt do just as good?

Comment

I don't have any experience with the 24v one but common sense tells me it will have a little more power with it. Do you have two batteries? I personally don't see the need if your running one battery. The 12v works great. :2:
        Check out .

Comment

Im running only one battery, I just thought that the 24 volt wouldn't have to work so hard..... but if you say 12 volt has been working for you maybe that's the way I'll go.
          thanks for your feedback

Comment

No problem. Good luck.
            Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeper Creeper View Post
              Im running only one battery, I just thought that the 24 volt wouldn't have to work so hard..... but if you say 12 volt has been working for you maybe that's the way I'll go.
              thanks for your feedback
              Your Jeep's electrical system can only provide 12 volts, half of what that 24 volt compressor requires. You have to go with the 12v compressor for it to be able to work properly. Like a 24 volt bub would only be at half-brightness if it were connected to a 12v battery.
              Last edited by Jerry Bransford; 05-04-13, 12:25 PM.
              The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Working...
              X